Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Yves Montand (1921 - 1991)
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Wages of Fear (Le Salaire de la peur) (1953) [Mario]: Killed in a truck crash while going back down the mountain after safely delivering the explosives.
- The Crucible (Les Sorcieres de Salem; The Witches of Salem) (1957) [John Proctor]: Presumably executed by hanging. (I haven't seen this version, but I'm familiar with the story.)
- Is Paris Burning? (1966) [Sgt Marcel Bizien) Shot in the back by a German sniper in the turret of his tank. (Thanks to Brian)
- Grand Prix (1966) [Jean-Pierre Sarti]: Dies after being thrown from the cockpit of his Formula 1 racing car into a tree branch, after it hits debris and spears off the track over the high-speed banking.
- Mr. Freedom (1969) [Capitaine Formidable]: Killed (off-screen, exact method unknown) by Delphine Seyrig, shortly before the movie begins; his frozen body is shown afterwards when it arrives in a package at Freedom headquarters. (There is also a hallucination sequence earlier where John Abbey imagines seeing Yves' hanged body.)
- Z (1969) [The Deputy]: Bludgeoned with a club by Marcel Bozzuffi when Marcel and Renato Salvatori drive past him after a political rally; he dies in the hospital a few days later during surgery (we only see the doctor throwing a sheet over the body).
- Le Cercle rouge (1970) [Jensen]: Shot to death by the police in the woods.
- State of Siege (Etat de siege) (1973) [Philip Michael Santore]: Killed (off-screen) by guerrillas; his body is shown sitting in a car afterwards when police discover him. (Thanks to Zoran)
- La Menace (1977) [Henri Savin]: Crashed in his car by two moving trucks (his death is confirmed in the papers).
- I for Icarus (1979 [Henri Volney): Killed by being shot in his office.
- Manon des sources (1986) [Cesar Soubeyran]: Dies of old age/natural causes in his sleep. (Thanks to Hamish)
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
- Husband of Simone Signoret (widowed)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.