Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Yaphet Kotto (1939 - 2021)
- 5 Card Stud (1968) [Little George]: Shot to death by Robert Mitchum, after Robert unsuccessfully attempts to strangle him. His body is shown again later on when Dean Martin discovers him.
- Live and Let Die (1973) [Kananga a.k.a. Mr. Big]: Explodes after Roger Moore forces a compressed-gas pellet down his throat, causing him to inflate like a balloon and burst.
- Truck Turner (Black Bullet) (1974) [Harvard Blue]: Shot in the back by Isaac Hayes while Yaphet is trying to make his getaway from the hospital; he manages to stagger down the sidewalk and get into his car before dying.
- Drum (1976) [Blaise]: Shot in the chest by John Colicos while Yaphet is talking to Ken Norton outside the plantation.
- Blue Collar (1978) [Smokey James]: Suffocated by paint fumes after being locked in the car-painting room in the factory.
- Alien (1979) [Parker]: Killed/skull cracked by the alien while in one of the ship's corridors with Veronica Cartwright. (more detail needed)
- Othello (1980) [Othello]: Commits suicide by stabbing himself.
- The Running Man (1987) [William Laughlin]: Slashed to death with a buzzsaw by Gus Rethwisch; he dies some time later while talking to Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Conchita Alonso.
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Prisoners (1985) [Jack Porter]: In this variation on the Desperate Hours theme, directed by Christopher Crowe (who scripted Fear a decade later), Yaphet is gunned down by police while resisting arrest.
- Homicide: The Movie (2000 TV) [Al 'Gee' Giardello]: Dies in the hospital (off-screen) after having been shot by Eamonn Walker at a political rally much earlier in the movie; we learn of his death when Max Perlich comes in and informs the others. The movie ends with an epilogue scene of Yaphet in the afterlife with Jon Polito and Daniel Baldwin.