Woody Strode (1914 - 1994)
Former professional football player with the Cleveland Rams
- Spartacus (1960) [Draba]: Stabbed in the back when a centurion throws a spear at him as he attempts to attack Laurence Olivier, then finished off when Laurence stabs him in the back as well. (Thanks to Brian)
- Two Rode Together (1961) [Stone Calf]: Shot to death in a confrontation with James Stewart after Woody enters James' camp at night. (Thanks to Brian and Tom)
- Tarzan's Three Challenges (1963) [Khan/Dying Leader]: Playing a dual role, "Khan" falls into a vat of boiling oil after Jock Mahoney cuts the rope net suspended over the vat. (I don't know whether "Dying Leader" died of his illness during the film, or whether the movie ends before he actually dies.) (Thanks to Stephen)
- 7 Women (1966) [Lean Warrior]: Neck snapped at the end of a fight with Mike Mazurki.
- Once Upon a Time in the West (C'era una volta il West) (1968) [Stony]: Shot to death (along with Jack Elam and Al Mulock) in a shoot-out with Charles Bronson at the train station. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Unholy Four (Ciakmull - L'uomo della vendetta) (1970) [Woody]: Shot to death in the films climatic shoot-out.
- The Italian Connection (La Mala ordina; Black Kingpin) (1972) [Frank Webster]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out with Mario Adorf in a junkyard.
- Winterhawk (1975) [Big Rude]: Shot to death by Leif Erickson, as a mercy killing after being tortured by Michael Dante.
- Keoma (Desperado; Django Rides Again; Django's Great Return; The Violent Breed) (1976) [George]: Shot repeatedly by members of Donald O'Brien's gang, as he's trying to strangle another of the gang members.
- Kingdom of the Spiders (1977) [Walter Colby]: Bitten to death by the spiders while he's sitting in his truck. His web-covered body is shown again later on when David McLean and William Shatner discover him. (Thanks to Dignan)
- Kill Castro (Cuba Crossing; Sweet Dirty Tony) (1980) [Titi]: Bitten to death by sharks while Stuart Whitman tries to pull him up onto the raft.
- Rawhide: Incident of the Buffalo Soldier (1961) [Corporal Gabe Washington]: Shot to death by one of the soldiers in Ray Montgomery's cavalry patrol as he was calling for them to help the injured Clint Eastwood. The soldiers were seaching for Woody because he had killed Roy Glenn in a fight.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.