Woody Harrelson (1961 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Natural Born Killers (1994) [Mickey Knox]: Although he survives the actual movie, the special edition DVD includes an alternate ending in which he and Juliette Lewis are both shot to death by Arliss Howard.
- Wag the Dog (1997) [Sergeant William Schumann]: Shot twice off-screen by Ed Morgan in Ed's store, after Ed finds Woody trying to rape Jennifer Manley. The shots are heard off-screen as Dustin Hoffman states that Woody's all right before Dustin corrects himself.
- The Thin Red Line (1998) [Sergeant Keck]: Fatally injured in an explosion when he tries to pull a grenade from his belt and only pulls the pin; he throws himself on the grenade to save the others in his unit.
- The Big White (2005) [Raymond Barnell]: Accidentally shot in the stomach when Tim Blake Nelson fires a shot that ricochets off of a hubcap; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to Robin Williams.
- No Country for Old Men (2007) [Carson Wells]: Shot to death by Javier Bardem in Woody's hotel room; we see Woody fall backwards in his chair after Javier fires.
- 2012 (2009) [Charlie Frost]: Killed in an explosion when the Yellowstone Caldera erupts and a fireball hits near him. (Also in a cartoon that his character made, his character he voices, is eaten by a dinosaur).
- Seven Psychopaths (2012) [Charlie]: Shot in the head with a shotgun by Sam Rockwell causing Woody's head to explode, after Sam first shoots him in the neck with an arrow, in Sam's pitch of how the story should end. Woody survives the movie in reality.
- Out of the Furnace (2013) [Harlan DeGroat]: Shot in the back of the head with a sniper rifle by Christian Bale (in addition to being shot twice before) while he limps away and while Forest Whitaker looks on helplessly.
- The Duel (2016) [Abraham]: Shot in the head by Kimberly Hidalgo, as he was about to kill Liam Hemsworth.
- Triple 9 (2016) [Sergeant Detective Jeffrey Allen]: Possibly fatally wounded when Clifton Collins Jr. shoots him in the gut during a shootout in Clifton's car and Woody kills him in return; the film ends on a freeze frame of Woody smiling after lighting a cigarette, leaving his fate ambiguous.
- The Glass Castle (2017) [Rex Walls]: Dies from a heart attack.
- War for the Planet of the Apes (2017) [Colonel McCullough]: Shoots himself in the face off-screen after being infected with Simian Flu that takes away his speech, as Andy Serkis watches on after refusing to kill him.
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017) [Willoughby]: Commits suicide by shooting himself in the head (with a bag over his head), after refusing to face his cancer diagnosis. His body is seen again when Abbie Cornish discovers him and again when his colleague arrive at the scene.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) [Tobias Beckett]: Shot in the chest by Alden Ehrenreich as he is about to draw his blaster and shoot Alden.
- The Highwaymen (2019) [Maney Gault]: Dies off-screen in 1947 from an unknown illness. His death is mentioned in the closing credits.
Television Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Bay Coven (1987 TV movie) [Slater]: Killed when he tries to use James Sikking 's jeep to drive to the ferry dock when the witches had sabotaged or used black magic to make it speed in reverse over a cliff where it explodes on impact.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notable Connections:[edit | edit source]
- Ex-Mr. Nancy Simon (thus ex-son-in-law of Neil Simon)
- Son of Charles Harrelson (Criminal, Murderer of Judge 'Maximum John' Wood)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.