Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
William Hurt (1950 - )
- Kiss of the Spider Woman (1985) [Luis Molina]: Shot to death by the secret police.
- A Time of Destiny (1988) [William Larraneta]: Falls to his death from the top floor of a church when Timothy Hutton releases his grip as William tries to drag him out of a window. He dies as his sister (Melissa Leo) kneels by his side.
- Trial by Jury (1994) [Tommy Vesey] Shot to death by Beau Starr who he also happens to kill.
- Dark City (1998) [Inspector Frank Bumstead]: Sucked out of the city and into space during a struggle with Bruce Spence. (Thanks to Heath and Matt)
- Sunshine (1999) [Andor Knorr]: Beaten to death (off-screen) by the interrogators; his death is mentioned after the fact in Ralph Fiennes' narration.
- The Simian Line (2000) [Edward]: Appears as a ghost; he moves on to the afterlife at the end of the movie. (Thanks to ND)
- A.I.: Artificial Intelligence (2001) [Professor Hobby]: Dies (off-screen), presumably of natural causes, during the passage of centuries while Haley Joel Osment is trapped at the bottom of the ocean.
- A History of Violence (2005) [Richie Cusack]: Shot in the head by his brother (Viggo Mortensen). (Thanks to Stealth and Matt)
- Vantage Point (2008) [President Ashton]: Playing a dual role as the real "President Ashton" and his double, the double is shot in the chest by a remote-controlled rifle triggered by Said Taghmaoui. (The real "President Ashton" survives the movie.) (Thanks to ND)
- Winter's Tale (2014) [Isaac Penn]: Dies (off-screen) during the passage of time between the scenes set in 1916 and 2014.
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) [Secretary Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross]: Disintegrated among those when Josh Brolin used the Infinity Gauntlet to wipe out half of life in the Universe. His death was confirmed in Avengers: Endgame (2019), but was later resurrected when Mark Ruffalo used the Infinity Stones to bring all those perished back to life.
- Black Widow (2020)
- Kojak: Kojak's Days: Part 2 (1977) [Jake]: Shot twice in the back of the head by Joe Sorbello.
- Dune (2000 mini-series) [Duke Leo Atreides]: Commits suicide with a capsule of poison gas concealed in a tooth, while attempting to kill Ian McNeice. (Thanks to Matt)
- Nightmares & Dreamscapes: Battleground (2006) [Jason Renshaw]: Killed in the explosion of a miniature thermonuclear bomb during his battle with the toy soldiers. (Thanks to Binky)
- Moby Dick (2011 mini-series) [Captain Ahab]: Drowns after being tangled in the rope that connects to one of the harpoons on the whale after the Pequod is rammed by the whale.
- The Challenger Disaster (2013, TV Movie) [Richard Feynman]: Dies (off-screen) from cancer on February 15th, 1988. We are informed about his death on the on-screen text at the end of the film.
- Humans: Season 1, Episode 7 (2015) [Dr. George Millican]: Fatally wounded when he is shot by Ruth Bradley, as he steps in front of Emily Berrington to try and stop Ruth firing; he dies shortly after, with the malfunctioning Will Tudor at his side.
- Beowulf: Return to the Shieldlands: Episode 1 (2016) [Hrothgar]: Dies (off-screen) just before the story begins; William is only seen in flashbacks, and his body is seen at his ceremonial memorial.
Ex-husband of Mary Beth Hurt