William Holden (1918 - 1981)
- Texas (1941) [Dan Thomas]: Shot to death in a shoot-out with Edgar Buchanan.
- Blaze of Noon (1947) [Colin McDonald]: Killed in a plane crash. (Thanks to Lorraine)
- Sunset Boulevard (1950) [Joe Gillis]: Shot in the back and stomach by Gloria Swanson by her swimming pool; his body is shown floating in the pool at the beginning of the movie, and the rest of the movie proceeds in flashback leading up to his murder.
- The Turning Point (1952) [Jerry McKibbon]: Shot to death by Neville Brand. (Thanks to Lorraine)
- The Bridges at Toko-Ri (1954) [Lt. Harry Brubaker]: Killed, along with Mickey Rooney, in combat with North Korean soldiers. (Thanks to Mac)
- Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing (1955) [Mark Eliott]: Killed in an explosion during a bombing in Korea. (Thanks to Lorraine)
- The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957) [Shears]: Shot by Japanese soldiers while crossing the river; he dies shortly after confronting Alec Guinness. (Thanks to Lorraine and Michael)
- Paris When It Sizzles (1964) [Richard Benson/Rick]: 'Dies' in two imagined script stories (shown when he and Audrey Hepburn are discussing it) (1): Shot down in a warplane by Audrey. (2): Shot repeatedly by Tony Curtis when he's trying to aboard a plane, dying at Audrey's side. His character "Richard Benson" survives.
- Casino Royale (1967) [Ransome]: Killed in an explosion (with about everyone else in the Casino), when Woody Allen explodes. (Played for comic effect).
- The Wild Bunch (1969) [Pike Bishop]: Shot to death in a big gun battle, along with Ernest Borgnine, Ben Johnson, and Warren Oates. (Thanks to Michael)
- Damien: Omen II (1978) [Richard Thorn]: Stabbed in the chest with two ceremonial daggers by Lee Grant in the museum. (Thanks to Robert)
- Ashanti (1979) [Jim Sandell]: Killed in a helicopter crash after being shot by Peter Ustinov. (Thanks to Barnaba)
- The Earthling (1980) [Patrick Foley]: Dies (off-screen) of cancer; his body is buried by Rick Schroeder afterwards. (Thanks to Lorraine and Michael)
- None known.
- Ex-husband of Brenda Marshall.
- Boyfriend of Stefanie Powers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.