The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
William Bendix (1906 - 1964)
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Wake Island (1942) [Private Aloysius K. 'Smacksie' Randall]: Dies from a grenade explosion in a battle with Japanese soldiers.
- Lifeboat (1944) [Gus Smith]: Drowned after being pushed overboard by Walter Slezak, while the others are all asleep.
- The Dark Corner (1946) [Stauffer, a.k.a. Fred Foss]: Pushed out of a skyscraper window when Clifton Webb jabs him with an umbrella. (Thanks to Brian)
- Streets of Laredo (1949) [Reuben 'Wahoo' Jones]: Shot to death by MacDonald Carey when Macdonald fires from under the table. (Thanks to Brian)
- Blackbeard the Pirate (1952) [Ben Worley]: Shot to death (off-camera) during a struggle with Robert Newton after William goes into Robert's cabin; we hear the shot from outside, but it's not revealed who was shot until Robert emerges from the cabin. (Thanks to Brian)
- Macao (1952) [Lawrence Trumble]: Stabbed in the back when Philip Ahn throws a knife at him, after mistaking him for Robert Mitchum. He dies shortly afterwards while talking to Robert. (Thanks to Dignan)
- The Deep Six (1958) [Frenchy Shapiro]: Shot by Japanese soldiers; he dies shortly afterwards as Alan Ladd tries to take him back to the ship.
- The Rough And The Smooth (Portrait Of A Sinner) (1959) [Reg Barker]: Commits suicide offscreen by shooting himself. We find out when newspapers report the death. (Thanks to Brian)
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse: The Time Element (1958) [Peter Jenson]: Shot to death by a Japanese plane during the attack on Pearl Harbor, after he goes in time to try to warn everyone.
- Burke's Law: Who Killed Holly Howard? (1963) [Fred Hopke]: Crushed to death when a large canvas falls on him, after he falls from a scaffolding while trying to escape from Gene Barry.
Notable connections[edit | edit source]
- Mr. Theresa Stefanotti.
- Descendant of Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy (composer).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.