Wilford Brimley (1934 - 2020)
- Lawman (1971) [Marc Corman] Shot by Burt Lancaster off-screen. His body is simply shown as Burt brings it back to town.
- Borderline (1980) [Scooter Jackson] Shot by Ed Harris, after Wilford (playing a border patrol agent) tries to stop Ed's truck of smuggled illegal immigrants.
- The Thing (1982) [Dr. Blair]: Killed (off-screen) and assimilated by the alien, assuming his appearance. His death is revealed when the alien (still in Wilford's form) attacks Donald Moffat. The alien itself - now transformed into a monstrous fusion of Wilford and the assimilated dogs - is finally destroyed after Kurt Russell throws a dynamite stick at it.
- Death Valley (1982) [Sheriff]: Struck in the chest with a pickaxe and stuffed into a closet by Stephen McHattie.
- The Hotel New Hampshire (1984) [Iowa Bob]: Dies of a heart attack, caused by the shock of seeing a taxidermy-mount of his dead dog fall out from a storage closet.
- The Firm (1993) [William Devasher]: Beaten to death by Tom Cruise.
- Brigham City (2001) [Stu]: Shot in the head by Matthew Brown while investigating a kidnapping/murder.