Directed by Matt Reeves
Simian Savior Caesar (Andy Serkis), and his fellow apes face their most darkest chapter when confronted by a military hit squad led by formidable foe Colonel McCullough (Woody Harrelson), once a charismatic military leader driven insane with grief and bitterness, now a genocidal warlord hell-bent on a species holy war with only one outcome; mass extinction of all ape kind.
- Michael Adamthwaite (Luca)
- Gabriel Chavarria (Preacher)
- Woody Harrelson (The Colonel)
- Max Lloyd-Jones (Blue Eyes)
- Ty Olsson (Red)
- Aleks Paunovic (Winter)
- Andy Serkis (Caesar)
- Jason Clarke (Malcolm)
- Sandy Robson (Gunner)
- Judy Greer (Cornelia)
- In October 2016, it was announced that a fourth Planet of the Apes film was already being planned.
- In the first film, Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011), Caesar could only utter a few words, most notably, "No!" In the second film, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014), his vocabulary had increased greatly and he was able to speak in nearly full sentences with syntax and grammar, but still with a rough tone and cadence to his voice. In this film, he is able to speak nearly identical to what a human can produce, indicating his growth into personhood.
- The Overlook Hotel from The Shining (1980) makes an appearance.
- Steve Zahn admitted in a Film4 interview that he cried after seeing the completed film for the first time as he was so moved by it.