Vin Diesel (1967 - )
- Saving Private Ryan (1998) [Private Adrian Caparzo]: Shot in the chest by a German sniper as he tries to rescue a little girl from a bombed-out building; he dies shortly after the end of the firefight.
- The Iron Giant (1999; animated) [Iron Giant]: Sacrifices himself by using his body to destroy a nuclear missile that was haphazardly launched by Christopher McDonald. Vin later is revived by his own self-repairing ability.
- xXx: State of the Union (2005) [Xander Cage]: Vin does not actually appear in this movie; Scott Speedman reveals that Vin's character from the original 2002 xXx was killed in action between the two films. (The 2017 sequel xXx: Return of Xander Cage reveals that Vin in fact faked his own death, but they did intend this mention to be an actual death).
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) [Groot]: Killed in an explosion after sacrificing himself to shield his friends from the crash impact of an enemy ship. Vin returns as a new version of Groot after Rocket (Sean Gunn; Bradley Cooper) places his remains in a planter pot. (While some say this constitues a resurrection, but writer/director James Gunn has confirmed that the Baby Groot seen here is the son of this character and that Groot did die in the ship crash)
- Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk (2016) [Shroom]: Shot by an Iraqi soldier during a battle; he dies shortly afterwards from blood loss while talking to Joe Alwyn.
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) [Groot]: Voicing a sentient alien tree (performed by Terry Notary), Vin is disintegrated from existence by Josh Brolin’s Infinity powers as Bradley Cooper looks on helplessly. He is later resurrected when Mark Ruffalo uses the Infinity Stones to bring all the people disintigrated out of existence back to life in Avengers: Endgame (2019).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.