The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Victor McLaglen (1886 - 1959)
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Unholy Three (1925) [Hercules the Strongman]: Mauled to death (off-camera) along with Harry Earles by a gorilla. We only see Mae Busch's horrified reaction during the attack. (Thanks to Jeffrey)
- The Informer (1935) [Gypo Nolan]: Shot in the stomach by Joe Sawyer in the street. He dies after staggering into a church and asking Una O'Connor for forgiveness. (Thanks to Mark and Jeffrey)
- This is My Affair (1937) [Jock Ramsay]: Hanged (off-screen).
- We Willie Winkie (1937) [Sgt. Donald MacDuff]: Dies after being wounded in battle.
- The Devil's Party (1938) [Marty Malone]: Shot by Joe Downing when Joe fires at William Gargan and hits Victor instead. He dies shortly afterwards with William, Paul Kelly, and Beatrice Roberts by his side. (Thanks to Stephen)
- Fort Apache (1948) [Sgt. Festus Mulcahy]: One of Henry Fonda's men in the remaining platoon overrun by the Apaches in the mouth of the canyon. Shown from a distance.
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
- Brother of Arthur, Clifford, Cyril, Kenneth and Leopold McLaglen.
- Father of Andrew V. McLaglen (director).
- Grandfather of Mary McLaglen (producer) Josh McLaglen (producer/assistant director) and Gwyneth Horder-Payton (director).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.