Van Johnson (1916 - 2008)
Film Deaths Edit
- The Human Comedy (1943) [Marcus Macauley]: Killed in combat (off-screen); we learn of his death afterwards when Mickey Rooney finds Frank Morgan dead in the telegraph office, and discovers that Frank had died of a heart attack after reading the news of Van's death.
- The Last Blitzkrieg (1959) [Sgt. Hans Von Kroner / Sgt. Leonard Richardson]: A German soldier, he and his squad have infiltrated the US lines dressed as American soldiers but when he sees captured GIs murdered he changes sides and takes out a German machine gun nest before other German soldiers machine gun him. (Thanks to Brian)
- Il Prezzo Del Potere (The Price Of Power) (1969) [President James Garfield]; Shot in the neck by Joaquín Parra as he is driven down the main street in Dallas in an open carriage. He dies minutes later in the doctor's rooms. (This death is a play on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in 1963. however, historically President Garfield was shot once in the lower back (and once minor in the shoulder), it was in a train station, and he lingered for 2 1/2 months before dying of his wound!) (Thanks to Brian).
- The Scorpion with Two Tails (Assassinio al cemetero etrusco) (1982) [Mulligan, Joan's Father]: Shot in the chest by one of Maurizio Mattioli's henchmen, when a shoot-out breaks out between Maurizio's gang and Marilu Tolo's gang in the caves.
TV Deaths Edit
- Murder, She Wrote: Hannigan's Wake (1990) [Daniel Hannigan]:
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.