Directed by Luc Besson
spatio-temporal agents Valerian (Dane DeHaan) and Laureline (Cara Delevingne) have been partners since Psychic Valerian was forced to bring genius Laureline back from Eleventh Century France to Galaxity, capital of the Terran Galactic Empire in the 28th century, since then, together they have been protecting the cosmos and its planets, even journeying through time to prevent time paradoxes. In 2713 they find themselves charged by their commander Arün Filitt (Clive Owen) for what should be a simple mission, only to find themselves caught up in a vast conspiracy, with various forces out to erase all trace of a major war crime
- Ethan Hawke (Jolly the Pimp)
- The film is based on the French science fiction comics series
- The film is part of Luc Besson's Space Cinematic Universe, started by "Le Cinquième Element" in 1997.
- The most expensive independent film ever made
- The Welcoming Captains are all directors and/or writers Luc Besson has worked with.