V for Vendetta (2005)
Director: James McTeigue
note on year: 2005 is when it was fully completed. it got kinda pushed back to being released in early 2006.
Following world war, London is a police state occupied by a fascist government, and a vigilante known only as V (Hugo Weaving) uses terrorist tactics to fight the oppressors of the world in which he now lives. When V saves a young woman named Evey (Natalie Portman) from the secret police, he discovers an ally in his fight against England's oppressors.
- For the scene when V emerges from Larkhill, stunt double Chad Stahelski literally walked through fire, wearing just a special fire resistant gel and a g-string. Stahelski's body temperature had to be lowered before the scene was shot, and luckily, it was three degrees below zero the night of the shoot. Fifteen minutes before a take, he would put on ice cold flame resistant clothing, and once he took them off, he would be covered with fire resistant gel which had been icing all day long.
- The secret police are called "Fingermen", because the New Order was arranged on the model of the human body. The Chancellor was the Head; the television station BTN was the mouth; visual and audio surveillance were the Eyes and the Ears; Inspector Finch was part of The Nose, the police force, and Creedy's secret police were the Hand.
- On a clock that has an hour hand and a minute hand, the time 11:05 makes a V. These two numbers, eleven and five, where eleven is November, and five is the day of November, spell out: the fifth of November. "Remember, remember the 5th of November."
- All of V's dialogue was dubbed. Initially, a mask was designed with a small microphone inside, and another mike was designed to sit along Hugo Weaving's hairline, but neither worked very well.
Male Deaths Edit
- Roger Allam [Lewis Prothero]
- Clive Ashborn [Guy Fawkes]
- Ian Burfield [Tweed Coat Fingerman]
- Radley Steve Ford [Evey's Brother]
- Stephen Fry [Gordon Dietrich]
- Carsten Hayes [Evey's Father]
- John Hurt [Chancellor Adam Sutler]
- Tim Pigott-Smith [Deputy Chancellor Peter Creedy]
- John Standing [Bishop Lilliman]
- Hugo Weaving [V]
- Matt Wilkinson [Little Glasses Girl Fingerman]
Female Deaths Edit
- Billie Cook [Little Glasses Girl]
- Sinead Cusack [Delia Surridge]
- Selina Giles [Evey's Mother]
- Mary Stockley [Ruth]
- Natasha Wightman [Valerie]