Directors: Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
Summary[edit | edit source]
Male Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Jeff Bridges [Rooster Cogburn]
- Josh Brolin [Tom Chaney]
- Domhnall Gleeson [Moon]
- Barry Pepper [Lucky Ned Pepper]
- Paul Rae [Emmett Quincy]
Female Deaths[edit | edit source]
Trivia [edit | edit source]
- The first Coen Brothers film to gross over $100 million in the United States.
- This was the last film that famed cinematographer Roger Deakins shot on film before switching to digital technology.
- The movie was nominated for ten Academy Awards failing to win any and going down in film history as one of the most ever nominated films to not win an Oscar.
- Jeff Bridges said that the first piece of direction the Coens gave him was to forget about the John Wayne version. Their movie would be a return to the 1968 source material by the original author Charles Portis.
- Although he is third billed, Josh Brolin doesn't show up until around 1 hr and 18 mins into the movie.
- Fifteen thousand girls applied for the role of the young Mattie Ross, the part going to Hailee Steinfeld. She was 13 years old when cast. It was her theatrical feature-film debut. Despite Mattie Ross having the most screen time and being considered the protagonist, Steinfeld was nominated for Best Supporting Actress in many award shows, including the Academy Awards.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.