Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Director: Taika Waititi
Summary[edit | edit source]
Thor's (Chris Hemsworth) world is about to explode. His devious brother, Loki (Tom Hiddleston) has taken over Asgard, the powerful Hela (Cate Blanchett) has emerged to steal the throne for herself and Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe. To escape captivity and save his home from imminent destruction, Thor must first win a deadly alien contest by defeating his former ally and fellow Avenger... The Incredible Hulk!
Male Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Tadanobu Asano [Hogun]
- Clancy Brown [Surtur]
- Matt Damon [Actor Loki] (play within the film)
- Anthony Hopkins [Odin]
- Zachary Levi [Fandral]
- Ray Stevenson [Volstagg]
- Karl Urban [Skurge]
- Taika Waititi/Clancy Brown [Surtur]
Female Deaths[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the shooting of Thor and Hulk battle scene, there was a Make-A-Wish child who paid a visit to the set. While Thor was talking to Hulk before the battle to recognise him as his friend, the kid suggested that when Thor look at Loki and the Gandmaster, Thor should say,He's a friend from work!. This line was later added in this sequence which became one of the best lines in this movie. Chris Hemsworth confirmed this story during their promotion of Avengers: Endgame (2019) on the show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Chris Hemsworth plays Thor in this movie, while his older brother Luke played Thor in the play within the movie. Their younger sibling Liam was considered for the role of Thor.
- The song heard in the trailer and Thor's first/last battles is Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song". It was specifically chosen because its lyrics make mention of Norse mythology.
- On Earth, Thor disguises his hammer Mjölnir as an umbrella. In the comics, whenever Thor took on the mortal form of Dr. Donald Blake, he disguised Mjölnir as a walking stick.