The Possession (2012)
Director: Ole Bornedal
- Based on the allegedly haunted dybbuk box
- The Dybbuk in the box speaks a form of Polish dialect.
- While promoting the film on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (2005) (airdate 8/29/12), Jeffrey Dean Morgan reported that strange incidents took place during production that couldn't be explained. Lights exploded during the filming of key scenes, and just two days after wrapping principal photography, all of the props for the film, stored in case of re-shoots, were destroyed in a fire that mysteriously erupted from within the storage-house.
- Was originally rated-R by the MPAA for "violence, terror, and disturbing images" but the film was eventually edited to receive a PG-13 rating for "mature thematic material involving violence and disturbing sequences".
A young girl buys an antique box at a yard sale, unaware that inside the collectible lives a malicious ancient spirit known as a Dybbuk. The girl's father teams with his ex-wife to find a way to end the curse upon their child. When that is not enough he looks to a Rabbi's son who is an expert in Judaism exorcisms to drive this entity out of his daughter
- Matisyahu [Tzadok]
- Brenda Crichlow [Miss Shandy]