The Magnificent Seven (2016)
Director: Antoine Fuqua
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Looking to mine for gold, greedy industrialist Bartholomew Bogue (Peter Sarsgaard) seizes control of the Old West town of Rose Creek. With their lives in jeopardy, Emma Cullen (Haley Bennett) and other desperate residents turn to bounty hunter Sam Chisolm (Denzel Washington) for help. Chisolm recruits an eclectic group of gunslingers (Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke, Byung-hun Lee, Vincent D'Onofrio, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo and Martin Sensmeier) to take on Bogue and his ruthless henchmen. With a deadly showdown on the horizon, the seven mercenaries soon find themselves fighting for more than just money once the bullets start to fly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is the final film of composer James Horner, who died the previous year in a plane crash after composing a part of the score.
- The horse that Chris Pratt rode in this film was the same horse in War Horse (2011).
- Denzel Washington's first western
- Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke's third collaboration with Antoine Fuqua since Training Day (2001); Hawke co-starred in Brooklyn's Finest (2009), and Washington starred in The Equalizer (2014).
Male Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Walker Babington [Dickey]
- Matt Bomer [Matthew Cullen]
- Vic Browder [Arcade Jones]
- Ryan Brown [Ken Pigeon]
- Vincent D'Onofrio [Jack Horne]
- Cam Gigandet [McCann]
- Ethan Hawke [Goodnight Robicheaux]
- Jonathan Joss [Denali]
- Derek Lacasa [Len Pigeon]
- Byung-hun Lee [Billy Rocks]
- Chris Pratt [Josh Faraday]
- Chad Randall [Bartender/Powder Dan]
- Dane Rhodes [Sheriff Harp]
- Peter Sarsgaard [Bartholomew Bogue]
Female Deaths[edit | edit source]