Director: Peter Jackson
List still incomplete
- Jed Brophy (Sharku / Snaga)
- Nathaniel Lees (Ugluk)
- Robbie Magasiva (Mauhur)
- Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn)
- Craig Parker (Haldir)
- John Leigh (Hama)
- Paris Howe Strewe (Theodred)
- Stephen Ure (Grishnakh)
- Andy Serkis was pitched the role of Gollum by his agent, who rang him up and asked him if he wanted to do three weeks' voice-over work in New Zealand. However, Peter Jackson was so blown away by Serkis' audition, that he decided to have him perform the movements for Gollum as well.
- The scene where Gandalf calls for his horse, and Shadowfax comes galloping across the fields and straight up to his Master, was achieved on the first take.
- Cate Blanchett has only three scenes in this film.
- When Frodo (Elijah Wood) and Sam (Sean Astin) are in Osgiliath, Sam says, "By rights, we shouldn't even be here." This was a nod to the deviation the screenplay had taken from the book's storyline. In the book, Sam and Frodo never passed through Osgiliath.
- Viggo Mortensen broke two toes while kicking the steel helmet by the orc pyre, and that take is the one that appears in the final cut. Peter Jackson said that he was really impressed with the shout of pain Aragorn cried out for the fate of the two Hobbits, realizing only later that it was real pain for his toes. He was also impressed by the fact that Mortensen continued acting, even while so seriously injured. Mortensen later remarked that the only reason it was even mentioned, on the DVD release, was because he was an actor, and that the stunt crew were injured far worse and pushed through it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.