Director: Peter Jackson
- John Bach (Madril)
- Brad Dourif (Grima Wormtongue) (extended edition)
- Bernard Hill (Theoden)
- Alan Howard (Sauron)
- Peter Jackson (Castamir) (extended edition)
- Christopher Lee (Saruman) (extended edition)
- Lawrence Makoare (Witch King of Angmar, Gothmog)
- Stephen Ure (Gorbag)
- John Noble (Lord Denethor)
- Paul Norell (King of the Dead)
- Thomas Robins (Deagol)
- Andy Serkis (Gollum/Smeagol)
- Bruce Spence (Mouth of Sauron) (extended edition)
- Joel Tobeck (Gurtis)
- Andy Serkis and Elijah Wood were each given prop rings by Peter Jackson, used in the movie. They both thought they had the only one.
- The movie made a one thousand four hundred eight percent profit for New Line Studios on their initial outlay.
- A normal movie averages about two hundred visual effects shots. This film had one thousand four hundred eighty-eight.
- Viggo Mortensen estimates that during the course of filming the entire trilogy and including all takes, he "killed" every stuntman on the production at least fifty times.
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy became the most nominated film series in Academy Award history with thirty nominations, surpassing both the Godfather trilogy (twenty-eight) and the Star Wars franchise (twenty-one).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.