The Last Days of American Crime (2020) Directed by Olivier Megaton
In 2024, the U.S. government begins stages to initiate the American Peace Initiative (API) signal, a “synaptic blocker” that will prevent the entire population from breaking any forms of law, leaving a race against time for one group of criminals to carry out a heist, before they are compelled not to.
- Based on Rick Remender and Greg Tocchini's 2009 graphic novel of the same name
- Though the name of the city that the movie takes place in is never revealed when Bricke and Shelby are crashing through the barriers at the border the name 'Ambassador Bridge' is announced over the loudspeaker. This indicates that the whole movie has taken place in Detroit as that is the name of the bridge which connects it to Windsor, Ontario in Canada.
- The movie is eventually revealed to having taken place in Detroit which is the location of a branch of the Federal Reserve where worn out U.S. currency is shredded but it is not referred to as 'The Money Factory'.
- The movie's location is never explicitly mentioned but when Shelby activates the API hack you see the Upper and Lower Peninsulas of Michigan flashing red. In addition when Brick and Shelby crash through to Canada the name of the bridge they cross is the Ambassador Bridge which is located between Detroit and Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
- In the opening scene. A street in Johannesburg South Africa can be scene when Lotus optometrists sign in window is revealed as well as the yellow rumble strips in the centre of the road.
- Michael Pitt is channeling legendary comedian and actor Jerry Lewis.
- Edgar Ramirez [Graham Bricke]
- Daniel Fox [Rory Bricke]
- Tamer Burjaq [Ross King]
- Brandon Auret [Lonnie French]
- Sean Cameron Michael [Pete Slatery]
- Sharlto Copley [William Sawyer]
- Michael Pitt [Kevin Cash]
- Nathan Lynn [Johnny Dee]
- Patrick Bergin [Rossi Dumois]
- Neels Clasen [Sidell Turner]
- James Richard Marshall [Posner]
- Terence Maynard [Chucky]
- Carel Nel [Male Tweeker]
- Garth Collins [300Lb Thug]
- Craig Urbani [Thick]
- De Klerk Oelofse [Thin]
- Leandie du Randt [Connie Dumois]