Director: Peter Jackson
As the finale to Peter Jackson's epic Tolkien odyssey comes to a close, this last movie in the Hobbit trilogy follows Bilbo and the dwarves one last time, as the armies of the necromancer come towards the Lonely Mountain. Men, elves, dwarves, orcs, and goblins come to sword and bow point with each other in the last instalment from Peter Jackson, The Battle of the Five Armies.
Male Deaths Edit
- Richard Armitage (Thorin)
- Manu Bennett (Azog the Defiler)
- Benedict Cumberbatch (Smaug/Necromancer)
- Stephen Fry (Master of Lake-town)
- Ryan Gage (Alfrid) [Extended cut]
- Mark Mitchinson (Braga)
- Dean O'Gorman (Fili)
- Conan Stevens (Keeper of the Dungeons)
- John Tui (Bolg)
- Aidan Turner (Kili)
Female Deaths Edit
- There were multiple scenes that appeared in both the teaser trailer and the first official trailer that were not in the film.
- This is the last film featuring legendary screen actor Sir Christopher Lee (Saruman the White) to be completed and released before his passing on June 7, 2015 at age 93. Lee was one of a handful of cast members to star in both The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies.
- Lee Pace's parents visited him on-set, and subsequently Peter Jackson offered them to be extras in the film. They were given roles as Lake-town villagers, and filmed a scene with Ian McKellen. However, according to Pace, they were cut out of the film, because his father was "hamming it up" during his scene.
- When the movie was promoted with a panel at San Diego Comic Con, several fans camped outside the hall the day before the panel, in order to get seats. In the middle of the night, the fans were woken up by cast members Lee Pace and Andy Serkis, who greeted the waiting fans and delivered autographs and photos for hours. In the end, Pace passed out from exhaustion, and shared a mattress with a fan.
- On Orlando Bloom's last day of filming, after he had completed his scenes, Peter Jackson recorded a video of Bloom "covering" the viral "They're Taking The Hobbits To Isengard" song on his phone.