The Godfather Part II (1974)
Director: Francis Ford Coppola
- John Cazale (Fredo Corleone)
- Dominic Chianese (Johnny Ola)
- Michael V. Gazzo (Frankie Pentangeli)
- Gaston Moschin (Fanucci)
- Tom Rosqui (Rocco Lampone)
- Giuseppe Sillato (Don Francesco)
- Lee Strasberg (Hyman Roth)
- Amerigo Tot (Michael's bodyguard)
- Marlon Brando and Robert De Niro are the only two actors to ever win separate Oscars for playing the same character. Brando won Best Actor for The Godfather (1972) and De Niro won Best Actor in a Supporting Role for this movie, both in the role of Vito Corleone.
- To prepare for his role, Robert De Niro lived in Sicily for three months. De Niro spent four months learning to speak the Sicilian dialect in order to play Vito Corleone. Nearly all of the dialogue that his character speaks in the film was in Sicilian.
- This was the first sequel to win the Academy Award for Best Picture. The second, and as of 2017 the last, was The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003).
- The film takes place in 1901, 1917, 1920, 1923, 1941, 1958, 1959, and 1960.
- Michael V. Gazzo was only cast as Frankie Pentangeli one day before shooting began.#
- Filmed in one hundred four days.