The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Directed by David Fincher
Plot Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Journalist Mikael Blomkvist is aided in his search for a woman who has been missing for forty years by Lisbeth Salander, a young computer hacker.
Male Deaths[edit | edit source]
Female Deaths[edit | edit source]
Trivia [edit | edit source]
- Daniel Craig improvised catching the water bottle. Director David Fincher appreciated Craig's grace, and left the take in the film.
- Daniel Craig gained weight for his role as Mikael Blomqvist to remind himself and the audience that he was portraying a journalist, not James Bond, and wanted to appear as normal as possible.
- Stellan Skarsgård remarked that this was the first time in twenty years that he was able to sleep in his own bed while shooting a movie, since it was filmed in his hometown of Stockholm.
- Max von Sydow, a genuine Swede, was the original choice to play Henrik Vanger, but had to bow out, and was replaced by Christopher Plummer. Had Sydow been cast opposite Stellan Skarsgård's Martin, this film would have featured two actors who have played the role of Father Lankaster Merrin in the Exorcist film franchise.
- In order to convince the studio that Rooney Mara had what it took to portray the strung out Lisbeth Salander, David Fincher asked her to go out and get really drunk. He then had her come in the next morning after a night of vomiting, and took pictures of her in her hungover state. This also convinced the studio to cast her.
- Yorick van Wageningen was so disturbed after shooting the rape scene with Rooney Mara, that he spent a whole day locked in his hotel room, crying.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.