The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) Director: David Fincher
Summary[edit | edit source]
Born under unusual circumstances, Benjamin Button (Brad Pitt) springs into being as an elderly man in a New Orleans nursing home and ages in reverse. Twelve years after his birth, he meets Daisy, a child who flickers in and out of his life as she grows up to be a dancer (Cate Blanchett). Though he has all sorts of unusual adventures over the course of his life, it is his relationship with Daisy, and the hope that they will come together at the right time, that drives Benjamin forward.
Male Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Mahershalalhashbaz Ali [Tizzy]
- Richmond Arquette [John Grimm]
- Jason Flemyng [Thomas Button]
- Jared Harris [Captain Mike]
- Elias Koteas [Monsieur Gateau]
- Ted Manson [Mr. Daws]
- Brad Pitt [Benjamin Button]
- Josh Stewart [Pleasant Curtis]
- Jacob Tolano [Martin Gateau]
- Myrton Running Wolf [Dennis Smith]
Female Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Cate Blanchett [Daisy]
- Paula Gray [Sybil Wagner]
- Taraji P. Henson [Queenie]
- Edith Ivey [Mrs. Marple]
- Joeanna Sayler [Caroline Button]
- Phyllis Somerville [Grandma Fuller]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- David Fincher's first PG-13 rated film
- Brad Pitt stated that it took five hours each day to complete the makeup required for the role.
- Principal photography was targeted to last a total of 150 days, excluding the time it would take to create the visual effects for the metamorphosis of Brad Pitt's character to the infant stage.
- Rachel Weisz was considered for the role of Daisy, but turned down because of scheduling conflicts with the different filming dates of the film.