Takeshi Kitano (1947 - )
AKA 'Beat' Takeshi Kitano
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence (1983) [Sgt. Gengo Hara]: While still alive at the end of the film, he is to be executed for war crimes the very next day.
- Demon (Yasha) (1985) [Yajima]: Stabbed to death by Nenji Kobayashi.
- Violent Cop (1989) (Sono otoko, kyobo ni tsuki; Warning, This Man Is Wild) [Azuma]: Shot in the head by Ken Yoshizawa. (Thanks to Morrissey)
- Boiling Point (3-4x juugatsu; The 3rd and 4th of October) (1990) [Uehara]: Shot to death by two gangsters. (Thanks to Morrissey)
- Sonatine (1993) [Aniki Murakawa]: Commits suicide by shooting himself in the head. (Thanks to Morrissey)
- Johnny Mnemonic (1995) [Takahashi]: Shot by Dennis Akayama; he manages to make the delivery to Keanu Reeves before dying. (Thanks to Patrick)
- Gonin (1995) [Ichiro Kyoya]: Shot by Masahiro Motoki right after he shoots Masahiro.
- Fireworks (Hana-bi) (1997) [Yoshitaka Nishi]: Commits suicide by shooting himself, in a suicide pact with his wife (Kayoko Kishimoto). (Thanks to Morrissey)
- Battle Royale (Batoro rowaiaru) (2000) [Kitano]: Machine-gunned by Tatsuya Fujiwara when Takeshi points a rifle (which turns out to be a water gun) at Aki Maeda. He dies after getting up off the floor, walking over to the couch, answering the phone and eating the last of his cookies.
- Brother (2000) [Aniki Yamamoto]: Machine-gunned by gangsters. (Thanks to Morrissey)
- Izo (2004) [The Prime Minister]: Decapitated off-screen by Kazuya Nakayama. His head is shown on a table later.
- Blood and Bones (Chi to Hone) (2004) [Joon-pyong Kim]: Dies of old age/natural causes. We see him struggling to breath on his bed and within moments he stops breathing.
- Outrage (Autoreiji] (2010) [Otomo]: Is stabbed multiple times in the side in the prison yard. His death is mentioned by a few characters in the final scene of the film. (However, it should be noted that the character was not in fact dead and was brought back for the sequel, Beyond Outrage. Will still list this due to him dying in this film if viewed as a stand-alone as it was intended at the time for his character to die)
- Outrage Coda (Autoreiji Saishusho) (2017) [Otomo] Shoots himself in the head.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
Video Game Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (2016) [Patriarch Toru Hirose]: Shot in the head by Masane Tsukayama when Takeshi refuses to shoot his surrogate family.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.