Susan Sarandon (1946 - )
- Joe (1970) [Melissa Compton]: Shot in the back by her father (Dennis Patrick), who didn't realize who he was shooting at, as she runs away outside a farmhouse.
- The Great Waldo Pepper (1975) [Mary Beth]: Falls to her death during a wing-walking stunt on Robert Redford's biplane; the fall is not actually shown, but she is gone when Robert looks back to check on her. (Thanks to HH and Dick Hertz)
- The Hunger (1983) [Sarah Roberts]: Commits suicide by stabbing herself in the throat while kissing Catherine Deneuve. However, Susan turns up alive again at the end of the movie, suggesting that Catherine's vampiric nature has passed on to Susan.
- Thelma & Louise (1991) [Louise Sawyer]: Commits suicide (along with Geena Davis) by driving their car over the edge of the Grand Canyon after being cornered by the police. The movie ends by fading out as the car falls into the canyon.
- Stepmom (1998) [Jackie Harrison]: Diagnosed with terminal cancer.
- Cradle Will Rock (1999) [Margherita Sarfatti]:
- Igby Goes Down (2002) [Mimi Slocumb]: Suffocated when her son (Ryan Phillippe) ties a plastic bag over her head as part of an assisted suicide (with her other son, Kieran Culkin also assisting), after the poison he fed her proved ineffective. This occurs in the opening scene, after which the rest of the movie goes back to the past leading up to her death, then continues from there. (Thanks to Germboygel, Doug, and Chloe)
- Enchanted (2007) [Queen Narissa]: Falls to her death (while in her dragon form) from the top of a skyscraper, after the spire breaks off from her weight; she explodes into a shower of sparks on impact. (Thanks to Gerardo, Eric, and ND)
- Cloud Atlas (2012) [Madame Horrox/Older Ursula/Yusouf Suleiman/Abbess]: Playing multiple roles in the different time settings, "Abbess" is killed (off-screen) during Hugh Grant's raid on the village; her death is strongly implied when Tom Hanks returns and finds the village in flames. (Her other characters presumably die of old age/natural causes in the time periods between each plot.) (Thanks to Tommy)
- The Jesus Rolls (2020) [Jean]: Commits suicide (off-camera) by shooting herself in the head.
- Ex-wife of Chris Sarandon.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.