The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Summer of 84 (2018)
Plot[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- At one point Mackey mentions to Davey that he has a couple of walkies retired from the police force that he can borrow - saying that "they pick up everything", which implies Mackey could have been listening in on all the boys' communications.
- In Mackey's secret lockup is a Volkswagen Beetle. The same make of car owned by serial killer Ted Bundy.
- In the boys' clubhouse, a poster hangs showing the cover of the 1983 final issue of the punk rock zine Touch and Go. The cover features Henry Rollins (vocalist for State of Alert; Black Flag; Rollins Band) and Ian MacKaye (vocalist for Minor Threat and Fugazi).
- When the boys are in the clubhouse talking about Nikki, Tommy is seen drinking a bottle of MacReady's Whiskey. This is a nod to The Thing (1982) where Kurt Russell's character, R.J. MacReady, drinks J&B Scotch Whiskey at different points in the movie.
- When Davey cleans his closet, just before finding the G.I. Joe's walkie-talkies, you can clearly spot a figurine of Turbo Kid, the title character of RKSS Films previous film, Turbo Kid (2015).
- The fictional arcade game Polybius of urban legend appears in the background of the bowling alley with an out of order sign on it.
- Cruel Summer by Bananarama plays while they are riding their BMXs. Exactly the same positioning in the Karate Kid with Daniel LaRusso riding his BMX to the same track. A cool nod considering it was released in the Summer of 84.
When Eats, Farraday, and Woody are about to enter Sammy Hoffman's home you can hear Woody saying, "I have a bad feeling about this, " which is a reference to the Star Wars movies. 43:29 mark of the movie.
Male Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Caleb Emery [Dale "Woody" Woodworth]
Female Deaths[edit | edit source]
Posters[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.