Director: J.J. Abrams Edit
The surviving Resistance faces the First Order once more in the final chapter of the Skywalker saga.
Male Deaths Edit
- Ashley Beck [Ushar]
- Richard Bremmer [First Order Officer]
- Liam Cook [Ochi of Bestoon]
- Simon Paisley Day [General Domaric Quinn]
- J.D. Dillard [FN-1226]
- Adam Driver [Kylo Ren a.k.a. Ben Solo]
- Amir El-masry [Commander Masir Trach]
- Geff Francis [Admiral Frantis Griss]
- Jacob Fortune-Lloyd [Sith Fleet Officer]
- Domhnall Gleeson [General Armitage Hux]
- Nigel Godrich [FN-2802]
- Richard E. Grant [Allegiant General Enric Pryde]
- Greg Grunberg [Tenmin "Snap" Wexley]
- Mark Hamill [Boolio]
- Dhani Harrison [FN-0878]
- Andrew Havill [First Order Officer]
- Dave Hearn [FN-0606]
- Billy Howle [Rey's father]
- Joe Kennard [Kuruk]
- Patrick Kennedy [First Order Officer]
- Lukaz Leong [Ap'lek]
- Ian McDiarmid [Emperor Sheev Palpatine]
- Nasser Memarzia [First Order Officer]
- Cyril Nri [First Order Officer]
- Mike Quinn/Kipsang Rotich(voice) [Nien Nunb]
- Tom Rodgers [Trudgen]
- Anton Simpson-Tidy [Vicrul]
- Mark Richard Durden Smith [First Order Officer]
- Martin Wilde [Cardo]
- John Williams (Cameo) [Oma Tres]
Female Deaths Edit
- Angela Christian [First Order Officer]
- Jodie Comer [Rey's mother]
- Mandeep Dhillon [Lt. Lanzora Garan]
- Carrie Fisher [Leia Organa]
- Amanda Hale [Officer Tishra Kandia]
- Diana Kent [General Amret Engell]
- Bryony Miller [First Order Officer]
- Tanya Moodie [General Bellava Parnadee]
- Indra Ove [First Order Officer]
- Daisy Ridley [Rey] (Revived)
- Rochenda Sandall [Captain Chesille Sabrond]
- Will be released twenty years after Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999).
- Security was so tight during filming, Mark Hamill said it was "like being in the CIA."
- The ninth and final Star Wars film score to be composed by John Williams.
- Billy Dee Williams has heavily expressed interest in reprising his role as Lando Calrissian. Rian Johnson considered using him in Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017), but decided that it wouldn't fit well in the story. On July 9, 2018, after weeks of rumors, it was confirmed that Williams would indeed be returning as Lando for this film.
- With a gap of 36 years, the return of Lando Calrissian and Wedge Antilles marks the longest time for any original actor to reprise their role(s).
- Carrie Fisher's death on December 27, 2016 initially caused rewrites for this film to remove Leia altogether. Lucasfilm made it clear that they would not attempt to digitally recreate her likeness or performance like they did (with Fisher's approval) in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016), most likely due to the mixed reception of said scene and those using Peter Cushing's likeness. However, in July 2018, J.J. Abrams confirmed that Fisher will appear in the film via unused footage from Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) and Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017), with the writers and editors coming up with a clever way to repurpose those scenes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.