a.k.a. Star Wars
Director: George Lucas
Luke Skywalker joins forces with a Jedi Knight, a cocky pilot, a wookie and two droids to save the universe from the Empire's world-destroying battle-station, while also attempting to rescue Princess Leia from the evil Darth Vader.
- Graham Ashley (Davish “Pops” Krail, Gold Five)
- Phil Brown (Owen Lars)
- Peter Cushing (Grand Moff Tarkin)
- Peter Diamond (Prescott)
- Eddie Eddon (Lt. Pello Scrambas)
- Peter Geddis (Captain Antilles)
- Alec Guinness (Obi-Wan (Ben) Kenobi)
- Garrick Hagon (Biggs Darklighter)
- Don Henderson (Cassio Tagge)
- Drewe Henley (Garven Dreis, Red Leader)
- William Hootkins (Jek Porkins, Red Six)
- Jack Klaff (John D. Branon, Red Four)
- Al Lampert (Commander Daine Jir)
- Richard LeParmentier (General Conan Antonio Motti)
- Angus MacInnes (Jon Vander, Gold Leader)
- Mykel Mills (Elyhek Rue Red Seven)
- Christopher Muncke (Captain Khurgee)
- Robert O'Mahoney (Theron Nett, Red Ten)
- Jack Purvis (Chief Jawa)
- George Roubicek (Commander Nahdonnis Praji)
- Leslie Schofield (Moradmin Bast)
- Colin Skeaping (Devin Cant)
- Jeremy Sinden (Tiree, Gold Two)
- Jimmy Smits (Bail Organa)
- Peter Sumner (Pol Treidum)
- Malcolm Tierney (Lt. Shann Childsen)
- Larry Ward (voice of Greedo)
- The first film to make over $300,000,000.
- George Lucas was so sure the film would flop that instead of attending the premiere, he went on vacation to Hawaii with his good friend Steven Spielberg, where they came up with the idea for Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981).
- James Earl Jones and David Prowse, who play the voice and body of Darth Vader respectively, have never met.
- According to Harrison Ford, during the making of the film, he and Mark Hamill would usually fool around and not commit to their work whenever Alec Guinness was not on set. When Guinness was on set, they behaved much more professionally.
- Kenny Baker has said that often when the cast and crew broke for lunch, they would forget he was in the R2-D2 outfit and leave him behind.