Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
Director: J.J. Abrams
Summary[edit | edit source]
After the crew of the Enterprise find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one-man weapon of mass destruction.
Male Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Usman Ally [U.S.S. Vengeance Officer]
- Beau Billingslea [Captain Abbot]
- Sean Blakemore [Klingon]
- Noel Clarke [Thomas Harewood]
- Eddie Davenport [U.S.S. Vengeance Security Officer]
- Akiva Goldsman [Starfleet Admiral]
- Bruce Greenwood [Pike]
- Bill Hader [Voice of the U.S.S. Vengeance]
- Jamal Kazak [U.S.S. Vengeance Security Guard]
- Zero Kazama [Starfleet Admiral]
- Scott Lawrence [U.S.S. Vengeance Officer]
- James Hiroyuki Liao [U.S.S. Vengeance Bridge Officer]
- Rob Moran [U.S.S. Vengeance Ensign]
- Nolan North [U.S.S. Vengeance Bridge Officer]
- Chris Pine [Kirk] (revived)
- Lee Reherman [Uniformed Mercenary]
- Simon Rhee [Stunts]
- Nick Tarabay [Klingon]
- Peter Weller [Admiral Alexander Marcus]
- Douglas Weng [U.S.S. Vengeance Security]
Female Deaths[edit | edit source]
Trivia [edit | edit source]
- This was Leonard Nimoy's final acting role before his death on February 27, 2015 at age 83.
- The highest grossing film of all the Star Trek movies.
- Benedict Cumberbatch recorded his screentest in his best friend's kitchen, using an iPhone.
- J.J. Abrams briefly considered casting William Shatner in a small, pivotal role, but ultimately changed his mind.
- Benedict Cumberbatch's character was not revealed to the actor until a week after he was cast. A studio representative flew to London from Los Angeles with the script handcuffed to his wrist.
- An "in joke" reference is made to Simon Pegg when he is trying to open the bay doors during Kirk and Khan's boarding attempt. The security guard asks Scotty to "show his other hand". It is common knowledge to Star Trek fans that James Doohan never intentionally revealed both hands in any of the original series because of the loss of one of his fingers (lost in combat during the D-Day invasion while storming the beach). Mr. Doohan's war wound is visible in several episodes: among them, "The Trouble with Tribbles", in which the scene required Scotty to carry the Tribbles with both arms.