Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)
Director: Ron Howard
Young Han Solo (Alden Ehrenreich) finds adventure when he joins a gang of galactic smugglers (Woody Harrelson, Jon Favreau and Thandie Newton), including a 196-year-old Wookie named Chewbacca (Joonas Suotamo). Indebted to the gangster Dryden Vos (Paul Bettany), the crew devises a daring plan to travel to the mining planet Kessel to steal a batch of valuable coaxium. In need of a fast ship, Solo meets Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover), the suave owner of the perfect vessel for the dangerous mission -- the Millennium Falcon.
Male Deaths Edit
- Paul Bettany (Dryden Vos)
- Woody Harrelson (Tobias Beckett)
- Jon Favreau (Rio Durant)
- Dee Tails (Quay Tolsite)
Female Deaths Edit
- Woody Harrelson was picked over Christian Bale as Han Solo's mentor.
- Michael Kenneth Williams was originally cast in the film and shot scenes, but amid the reshoots he was unable to return to the set and his role was removed.
- After Donald Glover was announced as Lando, both Phil Lord and Christopher Miller jokingly apologized for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.
- Phil Lord and Christopher Miller left the film in June 2017, only three weeks away from finishing principal photography. The duo apparently clashed throughout all of the production process with producer Kathleen Kennedy, co-writer Lawrence Kasdan and other LucasFilm members over the direction and tone of the film. Miller and Lord had been encouraging improvisation and making an overall comedic film against Kasdan's wish for them to follow his script. Eventually, they stepped away due to creative differences.
- Alden Ehrenreich was the first actor to audition for directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. The directors said in July 2016 that while they liked a lot of the other actors they read with, they increasingly said, "The first guy we saw was the best for the part," and that led them to eventually cast Ehrenreich as Han Solo.