Sin City (2005)
A film that explores the dark and miserable town, Basin City, and tells the story of three different people, all caught up in violent corruption.
- Counting only blows to the head or face, Marv is struck 21 times through the course of the movie.
- Despite appearing in all three of the major stories, Brittany Murphy filmed all of her scenes in one day.
- Because of the way the movie was shot, Mickey Rourke (Marv) and Elijah Wood (Kevin) never met until after the film was released.
- Guest director Quentin Tarantino directed the scene involving Dwight (Clive Owen) and Jackie Boy (Benicio Del Toro) in the front of the car, before Dwight is pulled over by a police officer.
- Robert Rodriguez has said that he does not consider this movie to be an adaptation so much as a translation. This is why there is no screenwriting in the credits. The only mention of writing is Frank Miller as the creator of the graphic novels.
- Jessica Alba did not know how racy the images of her character Nancy were in the comic until after she signed on for the film. The script originally had several nude scenes for the character, but Alba refused to do any nudity. Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller didn't think it was important for there to be nudity, so they didn't care.
- Benicio Del Toro [Jackie Boy]
- Michael Clarke Duncan [Manute]
- Tommy Flanagan [Brian]
- Rutger Hauer [Cardinal Roark]
- Nicky Katt [Stuka]
- Jason McDonald [Ronnie]
- Clark Middleton [Schutz]
- Frank Miller [Priest]
- Mickey Rourke [Marv]
- Nick Stahl [Roark Jr., The Yellow Bastard]
- Arie Verveen [Murphy]
- Bruce Willis [Hartigan]
- Elijah Wood [Kevin]
- Alexis Bledel [Becky]
- Carla Gugino [Lucille]
- Jaime King [Goldie/Wendy]
- Helen Kirk [Maeve]
- Lisa Marie Newmyer [Tammy] (possible)
- Marley Shelton [The Costumer]
- Patricia Vonne [Dallas]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.