Sean Penn (1960 - )
- Carlito's Way (1993) [David Kleinfeld]: Shot by gangsters after he pulls out his gun (not knowing that Al Pacino had already removed the bullets).
- Dead Man Walking (1995) [Matthew Poncelet]: Executed by lethal injection, while Susan Sarandon witnesses the execution.
- U Turn (1997) [Bobby Cooper]: Dies of sunstroke and/or thirst after getting stranded in the desert when his car's radiator hose blows out.
- The Weight of Water (2000) [Thomas Janes]: Accidentally drowned while rescuing Elizabeth Hurley after she falls overboard during a storm; his body is shown floating face-down in the water after the storm.
- 21 Grams (2003) [Paul Rivers]: Commits suicide by shooting himself in the chest in a hotel room, after his body starts to reject his transplanted heart; he dies in the hospital shortly afterwards. (Thanks to Emily, Gary, Nemanja, and Andrew)
- The Assassination of Richard Nixon (2004) [Samuel J. Bicke]: Commits suicide by shooting himself in the head (off-camera) after he gets shot few times in the back (through an airplane window) by guards. (as Sean in attempting to hijack the plane to fly it into the White House) (Thanks to Vlabor and Kyle)
- All the King's Men (2006) [Willie Stark]: Shot repeatedly in the chest by Mark Ruffalo. (Thanks to ND, Nilescu, and Thierry)
- Milk (2008) [Harvey Milk]: Shot three times in the chest and once in the back of the head by Josh Brolin in Sean's office. (Thanks to Anne, Tommy, and GI Robot)
- What Just Happened (2008) [Sean Penn]: Shot to death by John Schiappa, in the film-within-the-film that Robert De Niro is producing. (Sean survives the movie in reality.)
- Gangster Squad (2013) [Mickey Cohen]: Mentioned in narration by Josh Brolin at the end of the film that he died in prison by being beaten with a lead pipe. (Historically inaccurate, the real Mickey Cohen died from stomach cancer on July 29th, 1976)
- Ex-Mr. Madonna.
- Ex-Mr. Robin Wright.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.