Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Sean Connery (1930 - 2020)
"Bond, James Bond"
- Another Time, Another Place (1958) [Mark Trevor]: Killed in a plane crash (off-screen); we learn of his death when Lana Turner hears the news on the radio.
- Tarzan's Greatest Adventure (1959) [O'Bannion]: Shot with an arrow by Gordon Scott.
- From Russia with Love (1963) [James Bond]: Playing a dual role as both Bond and a double, the double is garroted by Robert Shaw during a training exercise, in preparation for his planned assassination of the real Bond. Shaw then removes the mask revealing it to be John Ketteringham. (note: since Sean played the role until the unmasking, it'll be counted for both actors).
- Woman of Straw (1964) [Anthony Richmond]: Falls to his death down a staircase when Johnny Sekka throws a wheelchair at him.
- The Hill (1965) [Joe Roberts]: Beaten by Ian Hendry in his cell. It's not known if this was supposed to be fatal, but I'll list it in case.
- The Molly Maguires (1970) [Jack Kehoe] While still alive at very the end of the film, the film ends right before he is to be hanged.
- The Red Tent (Krasnaya palatka) (1970) [Roald Amundsen]: Frozen to death after being stranded in the ice while attempting to rescue Peter Finch.
- The Anderson Tapes (1971) [Anderson]: Shot in the back (through a door) by Garrett Morris, right after he shoots Val Avery. He later dies of his wound after attempting to hide in a fireplace.
- Zardoz (1974) [Zed]: Dies of old age, along with Charlotte Rampling. Shown in a time-lapse sequence with heavy make-up.
- The Man Who Would Be King (1975) [Daniel Dravet]: Falls to his death in a ravine when the natives cut the ropes holding up the bridge; his mummified severed head is shown afterwards when Peachy (Michael Caine) presents it to Rudyard Kiplling (Christopher Plummer.) (Thanks to Justin)
- The Arab Conspiracy (Double Hit; The Next Man) (1976) [Khalil Abdul-Muhsen]: Killed by Cornelia Sharpe.
- Robin and Marian (1976) [Robin Hood]: Poisoned by Marian (Audrey Hepburn), before she drinks the poison herself; the movie ends with the dying him firing one last arrow into the air to pinpoint where his grave should be. (Thanks to Gary)
- Sword of the Valiant (Sword of the Valiant: The Legend of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight) (1984) [The Green Knight]: Turns to dust after being sliced by a sword by Miles O'Keeffe. (Thanks to John)
- Highlander (1986) [Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez]: Decapitated with a sword by The Kurgan (Clancy Brown). (He was brought back in the 1991 sequel Highlander II: The Quickening.) (Thanks to Uwe)
- The Untouchables (1987) [Jim Malone]: Machine-gunned by Billy Drago in an ambush after he chases Vito D'Ambrosio out of the house; he dies shortly after Elliot Ness (Kevin Costner) arrives. (Thanks to Gary, Rommy, Neil, and Tal)
- Family Business (1989) [Jessie McMullen]: Dies (off-screen) of natural causes in medical care. His ashes are later shown being scattered from a rooftop of an apartment during a ceremony. (Thanks to Gary)
- Highlander II: The Quickening (1991) [Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez]: After being resurrected by MacLeod (Christopher Lambert) using the power of The Quickening, He dies again when he is crushed a giant fan, after summoning his life force together at one time to give enough time for MacLeod and Virginia Madsen to escape.
- A Good Man in Africa (1994) [Dr. Alex Murray]: Killed in a traffic accident (off-screen) when his ambulance is hit by a military vehicle. His body is shown afterwards when Colin Friels arrives at the scene of the accident and attempts to talk to him before being told that he's dead. (Thanks to Brian)
- First Knight (1995) [King Arthur]: Shot in the chest with a crossbow by Ben Cross' henchmen including Ralph Ineson, he dies while talking to Richard Gere and Julia Ormond (with his body later seen being set on fire with a flaming arrow on a funeral pyre). (Thanks to Matt)
- Dragonheart (1996) [Draco]: Providing the voice of a dragon, he dies when Dennis Quaid throws an axe into his heart in order to kill David Thewlis through their mystical connection. (Thanks to Dave and Derek)
- The Avengers (1998) [Sir August de Wynter]: Struck by lightning from his weather-controlling device (levitating him into the air in the process), after being impaled in a sword fight with Ralph Fiennes. (Thanks to Neil)
- Finding Forrester (2000) [William Forrester]: Dies (off-screen) of cancer; we learn of his death afterwards when Matt Damon informs Rob Brown. (Thanks to Neil)
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003) [Allan Quatermain]: Stabbed in the back by Richard Roxburgh after he shoots Tom Goodman-Hill (who's holding Shane West hostage). He dies shortly afterwards, while talking to Shane. After he is buried in Kenya, a witch doctor is shown performing a ritual, suggesting that he is about to be brought back to life. (Thanks to Gary and ND)
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) [Dr. Henry Jones Sr.]: Although Sean does not actually appear in this movie, it's revealed that his character from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) had died off-screen between the two movies. (Thanks to Tommy, Andrew, Liz, and Augustin)
- ITV Play of the Week: The Crucible (1959) [John Proctor]: Presumably executed by hanging. (I haven't seen this version, so I don't know whether or not his death was actually depicted.)
- Macbeth (1961; TV movie) [Macbeth]: Stabbed to death in a swordfight with Woodrow Parfrey; later beheaded.