The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Sean Connery (1930 - 2020)
"Bond, James Bond"
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Another Time, Another Place (1958) [Mark Trevor]: Killed in a plane crash (off-screen); we learn of his death when Lana Turner hears the news on the radio.
- Tarzan's Greatest Adventure (1959) [O'Bannion]: Shot with an arrow by Gordon Scott.
- Woman of Straw (1964) [Anthony Richmond]: Falls to his death down a staircase when Johnny Sekka throws a wheelchair at him.
- You Only Live Twice (1967) [James Bond]: 'Shot' by guards after Tsai Chin puts him up in a folded bed. It's later revealed that Sean was faking his death, as he appears alive in a body bag that was dumped into the sea.
- The Molly Maguires (1970) [Jack Kehoe] While still alive at very the end of the film, the film ends right before he is to be hanged.
- The Red Tent (Krasnaya palatka) (1970) [Roald Amundsen]: Frozen to death after being stranded in the ice while attempting to rescue Peter Finch.
- The Anderson Tapes (1971) [Anderson]: Shot in the back (through a door) by Garrett Morris, right after Sean shoots Val Avery. He later dies of his wound after attempting to hide in a fireplace.
- Zardoz (1974) [Zed]: Dies of old age, along with Charlotte Rampling. Shown in a time-lapse sequence with heavy make-up.
- The Man Who Would Be King (1975) [Daniel Dravet]: Falls to his death in a ravine when the natives cut the ropes holding up the bridge; his mummified severed head is shown afterwards when Michael Caine presents it to Christopher Plummer. (Thanks to Justin)
- The Arab Conspiracy (Double Hit; The Next Man) (1976) [Khalil Abdul-Muhsen]: Killed by Cornelia Sharpe.
- Robin and Marian (1976) [Robin Hood]: Poisoned by Audrey Hepburn, before she drinks the poison herself; the movie ends with the dying Sean firing one last arrow into the air. (Thanks to Gary)
- Sword of the Valiant (Sword of the Valiant: The Legend of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight) (1984) [The Green Knight]: Turns to dust after being sliced by a sword by Miles O'Keeffe. (Thanks to John)
- Highlander (1986) [Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez]: Decapitated with a sword by Clancy Brown. (He was brought back in the 1991 sequel Highlander II: The Quickening.) (Thanks to Uwe)
- The Untouchables (1987) [Jim Malone]: Machine-gunned by Billy Drago in an ambush after Sean chases Vito D'Ambrosio out of his house; he dies shortly after Kevin Costner arrives at the house. (Thanks to Gary, Rommy, Neil, and Tal)
- Family Business (1989) [Jessie McMullen]: Dies (off-screen) of natural causes in medical care. His ashes are later shown being scattered from a rooftop of an apartment during a ceremony. (Thanks to Gary)
- Highlander II: The Quickening (1991) [Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez]: After being resurrected by Christopher Lambert using the power of The Quickening, Sean dies again when he is crushed a giant fan, after summoning his lifeforce together at one time to give enough time for Christopher and Virginia Madsen to escape.
- A Good Man in Africa (1994) [Dr. Alex Murray]: Killed in a traffic accident (off-screen) when his ambulance is hit by a military vehicle. His body is shown afterwards when Colin Friels arrives at the scene of the accident and attempts to talk to Sean before being told that he's dead. (Thanks to Brian)
- First Knight (1995) [King Arthur]: Shot in the chest with a crossbow by Ben Cross' henchmen including Ralph Ineson, he dies while talking to Richard Gere and Julia Ormond (with his body later seen being set on fire with a lit arrow on a funeral pyre). (Thanks to Matt)
- Dragonheart (1996) [Draco]: Providing the voice of a dragon, he dies when Dennis Quaid throws an axe into his heart in order to kill David Thewlis through their mystical connection. (Thanks to Dave and Derek)
- The Avengers (1998) [Sir August de Wynter]: Struck by lightning from his weather-controlling device (levitating him into the air in the process), after being stabbed in a swordfight with Ralph Fiennes. (Thanks to Neil)
- Finding Forrester (2000) [William Forrester]: Dies (off-screen) of cancer; we learn of his death afterwards when Matt Damon informs Rob Brown. (Thanks to Neil)
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003) [Allan Quatermain]: Stabbed in the back by Richard Roxburgh; he dies shortly afterwards, while talking to Shane West. After he is buried in Kenya, a witch doctor is shown performing a ritual, suggesting that Sean is about to be brought back to life. (Thanks to Gary and ND)
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) [Dr. Henry Jones Sr.]: Although Sean does not actually appear in this movie, it's revealed that his character from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) had died off-screen between the two movies. (Thanks to Tommy, Andrew, Liz, and Augustin)
TV Deaths:[edit | edit source]
- ITV Play of the Week: The Crucible (1959) [John Proctor]: Presumably executed by hanging. (I haven't seen this version, so I don't know whether or not his death was actually depicted.)
- Macbeth (1961; TV movie) [Macbeth]: Stabbed to death in a swordfight with Woodrow Parfrey; later beheaded.
Noteworthy Connections:[edit | edit source]
Gallery:[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.