Director: Wes Craven
A masked killer begins murdering teenagers in a small town, and as the body count rises, one girl and her friends contemplate the "rules" of horror films as they find themselves living in a real-life one.
- W. Earl Brown [Kenny Jones]
- Matthew Lillard [Stu Macher (Ghostface)]
- Skeet Ulrich [Billy Loomis (Ghostface)]
- Kevin Patrick Walls [Steve Orth]
- Henry Winkler [Principal Arthur Himbry]
- The special effects artists used about 50 gallons of blood.
- Rose McGowan discovered that she could actually fit through a pet flap.
- Matthew Lillard ad-libbed "My mom and dad are going to be so mad at me." Wes Craven thought it was so funny that he kept it in the film.
- Courteney Cox and David Arquette met and fell in love on the set of this movie. They eventually married, but divorced in 2013.
- Drew Barrymore and Neve Campbell did not meet Roger Jackson, the actor who played The Voice, before shooting commenced. Whenever they are talking on the phone to the killer, they are actually talking to him.
- he film's high school scenes were to be shot at Santa Rosa High School in California in the Santa Rosa District. However, very close to the shooting date, the school board read the script and denied the film to be shot there due to the violent nature, as they had been under the impression the film was a comedy, and production was moved to Healdsburg, CA. As payback, Wes Craven put in the end credits under the special thanks section "NO THANKS WHATSOEVER TO THE SANTA ROSA CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT GOVERNING BOARD."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.