House of the Dragon Trailer - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Samuel L. Jackson (1948 - )
- Def by Temptation (1990) [Minister Garth]: Dies in a car accident.
- Goodfellas (1990) [Stacks Edwards]: Shot in the back of the head by Joe Pesci.
- Jungle Fever (1991) [Gator Purify]: Shot in the stomach by his father (Ossie Davis) after he comes to rob his parents for drug money; he dies in the arms of his mother (Ruby Dee) shortly afterwards.
- Menace II Society (1993) [Tat Lawson]: Shot and killed during a drug deal. His death was only mention in narration by his son: Tyrin Turner. He only appears in flashbacks.
- Jurassic Park (1993) [Ray Arnold]: Eaten (off-screen) by a velociraptor. His severed arm is shown when Laura Dern discovers it.(Note: Sam was actually supposed to film his death scene at Hawaii, but a hurricane wreck the set, before his death scene could be film.)
- True Romance (1993) [Big Don]: Shot in the chest with a shotgun by Gary Oldman during a drug deal-turned-double cross.
- Fluke (1995) [Rumbo]: Shot to death as a dog by Ron Perlman. By the end of the movie, he comes back to life via reincarnation as a squirrel.
- Hard Eight (1996) (Sydney) [Jimmy]: Shot to death by Phillip Baker Hall.
- Eve's Bayou (1997) [Louis Batiste]: Shot to death by Roger Guenveur Smith by the railroad tracks as a train passes; we only see the reaction of Samuel's daughter (Jurnee Smollett) during the shooting (it's implied that his death was caused by Diahann Carroll's voodoo death curse).
- Jackie Brown (1997) [Ordell Robbie]: Shot in the chest by Michael Keaton in Robert Forster's office (as Samuel is taking Robert hostage and Pam Grier shouts to Michael that he's armed).
- One Eight Seven (187) (1997) [Trevor Garfield]: Shoots himself in the head when some teen gang members force him to play Russian roulette, and he takes Clifton Collins Jr.'s turn to make a point. His body is shown again later on lying in the morgue.
- Deep Blue Sea (1999) [Russell Franklin]: Eaten by a shark, while the rest of the survivors look on in shock. (There is an extended scene where his body is torn apart between two sharks).
- Basic (2003) [Sergeant West]: The movie depicts several different versions of events, as told by different characters, so he is shown dying in different ways depending on who's narrating: (1) According to Brian Van Holt's initial version, Samuel is shot by Taye Diggs; (2) According to Giovanni Ribisi's version, Samuel is shot by Brian Van Holt; (3) According to Brian's revised version, Samuel is shot by Dash Mihok; (4) According to Connie Nielsen, Samuel is stabbed repeatedly by John Travolta. All three to four versions are later revealed to be untrue, and it's revealed that Samuel isn't dead after all.
- Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004) [Rufus]: Shot to death (off-camera) along with everyone else in the chapel by Lucy Liu, Michael Madsen Vivica A. Fox and Daryl Hannah - save for Uma Thurman - on the orders of David Carradine; the sequel, shows his character alive in a flashback and we hear the massacre from outside the chapel.
- Twisted (2004) [John Mills]: Shot in the chest, causing him to fall off the docks by Ashley Judd as Samuel is about to kill Andy Garcia. His body is later seen floating on the water surface surrounded by seals as police investigate.
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005) [Mace Windu]: Thrown from a window by a barrage of energy from Ian McDiarmid after Hayden Christensen cuts off his hand with a lightsaber (just as Samuel is about to kill Ian in cold blood). (Although Samuel himself set the 'death' this way, to return as Mace alive if a spinoff film is made. However, in Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker, his voice was heard, indicating that his character had died before the events of the film)
- Jumper (2008) [Roland Cox]: Presumably dies (off-screen) due to dehydration and lack of nourishment after Hayden Christensen leaves him in a Grand Canyon cave. (It's actually unknown if he died but it is unlikely that he managed to escape, so it will be listed).
- Lakeview Terrace (2008) [Abel Turner]: Shot to death by police after he non-fatally shoots Patrick Wilson.
- The Spirit (2008) [Octopus]: Killed in an explosion when Gabriel Macht punches a grenade into his stomach; it's implied that he will regenerate from this, however.
- Unthinkable (2010) [Henry Harold 'H' Humphries]: Possibly killed along with everyone else seen throughout the film once the bomb planted by Michael Sheen goes off at the very end.
- The Other Guys (2010) [P.K. Highsmith]: Falls to his death, along with Dwayne Johnson, when they jump from a rooftop while pursuing a suspect, despite there clearly being nothing below to break their fall. (Played for comic effect.)
- Django Unchained (2012) [Stephen Warren]: Killed in an explosion when Jamie Foxx ignites the dynamite he'd planted in the house, after shooting Samuel in the knees to trap him in the house. (For this role, he was made to look much older than he actually was at the time.)
- The Samaritan (2012) [Foley]: Dies of blood loss while donating blood for a transfusion to save his daughter (Ruth Negga).
- Meeting Evil (2012) [Richie]: Shot to death by Tracie Thoms.
- Reasonable Doubt (2014) [Clinton Davis]: Shot in the head by Gloria Reuben as Samuel is about to kill Erin Karpluk.
- Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015) [Richmond Valentine]: Impaled through the back when Taron Egerton throws one of Sofia Boutella's razor-sharp prosthetic legs at him, causing him to fall off a platform and through a broken window; he dies while talking to Taron.
- The Hateful Eight (2015) [Major Marquis Warren]: Presumably bleeds to death after having been shot in the testicles by Channing Tatum earlier on. (While he is still alive at the end of the film, he states that he is likely mortally wounded.)
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (2016) [Mr. Barron]: Killed by one of the Hollows (mistaken Samuel as Asa Butterfield), who then eats his eyes.
- Kong: Skull Island (2017) [Preston Packard]: Crushed under Kong's fist when he attempts to the detonate the explosives he's set to kill Kong (motion-captured by Terry Notary and Toby Kebbell).
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) [Nick Fury]: Disintegrated from existence by Josh Brolin’s Infinity powers while attempting to contact Brie Larson. He is later resurrected when Mark Ruffalo uses the Infinity Stones to bring all the people disintigrated out of existence back to life in Avengers: Endgame (2019).
- Glass (2019) [Elijah Price / Mr. Glass]: Punched in the chest by James McAvoy after Spencer Treat Clark tells James that Samuel caused the train crash which kills his dad Byran McElory. He later died with his mother Charlayne Woodard and Sarah Paulson by his side.
- Spiral: From the Book of Saw (2021) [Marcus Banks]: Shot by the S.W.A.T Team who mistake him for the Jigsaw killer.
- The Asset (2021) (The Protégé) [Moody Dutton]:
- Black Dynamite: Black Jaws or Finger Lickin' Chicken of the Sea (2014;animated) [Captain Quinton]: Eaten by a giant shark when it jumps on the deck of his ship.
Video Game Deaths
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004) [Officer Frank Tenpenny]: Fatally injured when the fire engine Samuel is driving falls off an overpass; he dies in front of Young Maylay, Faizon Love, Yolanda Whittaker, Clifton Collins Jr., Peter Fonda and Darke Eai.
- Son of Elizabeth Jackson.
- Mr. LaTanya Richardson.
- Father of Zoe Jackson.