Sam Elliott (1944 - )
- Molly and Lawless John (1972) [Johnny Lawler]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out with Vera Miles, when she grabs the rifle from her horse.
- Road House (1989) [Wade Garrett]: Stabbed with a knife (off-screen) by one of Ben Gazzara's henchmen (presumably Anthony De Longis or Gary Hudson). His body is shown afterwards when Patrick Swayze discovers him.
- Sibling Rivalry (1990) [Charles Turner, Jr.]: Dies of a heart attack while having sex with Kirstie Alley. His body is later seen when Kirstie and Bill Pullman force pills down his throat, to make it look like an accidental drug overdose. (Played for comic effect.)
- Gettysburg (1993) [Brigadier General John Buford]: Dies (off-screen) from pneumonia in 1863. His death is reported by the on-screen text at the end of the film.
- Dog Watch (1996) [Charlie Fallon]: Presumably killed by corrupt cops (it's unclear if he died or not).
- Barnyard (2006; animated) [Ben]: Providing the voice of a cow, he dies from injuries sustained in a fight with coyotes; he passes away while talking to his son (voiced by Kevin James).
- Ghost Rider (2007) [Caretaker/Carter Slade]: Playing a supernatural being, he returns to the afterlife after arriving at the damned San Venganza upon handing over the cursed contract to Nicolas Cage.
- I'll See You in My Dreams (2015) [Bill]: Dies (off-screen) of unspecified health complications; we learn of his death when Blythe Danner receives a call from the hospital.
- Mannix: Little Girl Lost (1973) [Bill Saunders]: Thrown off the balcony of his apartment by Craig R. Baxley.
- Desperate Trail (1995) TV movie [Marshall Bill Speakes]: Shot to death in a shoot-out with the wounded Craig Sheffer.
- Justified: The Promise (2015) [Avery Markham]: Shot through his left eye by Walton Goggins during a shootout while Joelle Carter looks on.
- Mr. Katharine Ross.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.