The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Rutger Hauer (1944 - 2019)
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."
Film Deaths:[edit | edit source]
- Nighthawks (1981) [Heymar 'Wulfgar' Reinhardt]: Shot to death by Sylvester Stallone in Sylvester's apartment.
- Blade Runner (1982) [Roy Batty]: "Dies" when he reaches the end of his artificial lifespan while sitting on a ledge with Harrison Ford in the rain.
- The Hitcher (1986) [John Ryder]: Shot three times to death by C.Thomas Howell in desert towards the end of movie (as vengeance for killing Jennifer Jason Leigh.)
- The Legend of the Holy Drinker (1988) [Andreas Kartack]: Died of cancer liver due to longtime alcohol abuse; he dies in church with his friend (Dominique Pinon) as well as all the people around him by his side, towards the end of movie.
- Bloodhounds of Broadway (1989) [The Brain]: Stabbed repeatedly in the stomach by a mob assassin (either Fisher Stevens orSteve Buscemi) he dies sometime later while doctors (including Graham Brown) try to save him (as William Murray Weiss looks on).
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992) [Lothos]: Stabbed in the heart with a wooden stake by Kristy Swanson.
- Arctic Blue (1993) [Ben Corbett]: Presumably dies (off-screen) from blood loss after being shot in the stomach by Kevin Cooney after killing John Cuthbert.
- Surviving the Game (1994) [Thomas Burns]: Dies trying to shoot Ice-T; RH's hunting rifle, which has been jammed with cigarettes, backfires explosively. ("...Always check the barrel.")
- Redline (a.k.a. Deathline) (1997) [John Anderson Wade]: Shot in the head by Mark Dacascos in a field; he is brought back to life as a part of a secret experiment.
- Tactical Assault (1999) [Capt. John 'Doc' Holiday]: Drowned when his plane crashes into a river/ocean after being shot down by Robert Patrick at the end of a dog fight.
- Turbulence 3: Heavy Metal (2001) [Copilot MacIntosh]: Commits suicide by shooting himself under the chin.
- Flying Virus (Killer Buzz) (2001) [Ezekial]: Eaten by an alligator.
- Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002) [Keeler]: Killed (off-screen) by Julia Roberts. His body is shown lying in the morgue afterwards.
- Sin City (2005) [Cardinal Roark]: Killed (exact method unclear) by Mickey Rourke in Rutger's bedroom; we only see a close-up of Mickey's face with blood splattering on it. (It appears that Mickey is either crushing Rutger's head or tearing it off with his bare hands.)
- Dracula III: Legacy (2005) [Count Dracula]: Decapitated by Jason Scott Lee with his sword, after being bitten in the throat by Jason while Diane Neal look in horror.
- Mentor (2006) [Sanford Pollard]: Died (off-screen) of a cancer, his body is represented in the photos of his funeral.
- 7eventy 5ive (2007) [Detective Criton]: Hacked to death (off-screen) along with Gwendoline Yeo by Kyle Turley with an axe, after Rutger and Gwendoline shoot Brian Hooks towards the end of the movie.
- Barbarossa (2009) [Frederick Barbarossa]: Bitten to death by a snake near Silifke Castle in the Saleph river on 10 June 1190. (Historically Barbarossa is drowned).
- Hobo with a Shotgun (2011) [Hobo]: Shot to death by Jeremy Akerman and the other police officers, after Rutger kills Brian Downey.
- The Rite (2011) [Istvan Kovak]: Dies (off-screen) of unknown causes, we only learn of his death when his son (Colin O'Donoghue) is informed after getting a call from his father from beyond the grave.
- The Fifth Execution (2011) [Mr. Hunt: Heavily implied as being shot off-screen by Bo-Sung Kim after Bo fights Hauer's men and bursts into his office and the film fades to black.
- 2047: Sights of Death (2014) [Colonel Asimov]: Heart torn out by Neva Leoni (who's wearing make-up).
- Admiral (2015) [Maarten Tromp]: Mortally shot in the chest by an English sharpshooter as the Dutch fleet were engaged in battle with them. He dies talking with Frank Lammers.
- Beyond Valkyrie: Dawn of the 4th Reich (2016) [Oskar Halminski]: Shot to death by Nazi soliders while Julie Engelbrecht look in horror.
- Gangsterdam (2017) [Dolph Van Tannen]: Shot by Alex Hendrickx, just as Rutger was about to shoot his own son.
- The Sisters Brothers (2018) [The Commodore]: Dies off-screen of unspecified causes. His body is seen when Joaquin Phoenix and John C. Reilly come into his house expecting to engage in a gunfight with Rutger, only to find his funeral going on.
Television Deaths:[edit | edit source]
- Inside the Third Reich (1982 TV) [Albert Speer]: Died from a stroke (off screen, his 1981 death is mentioned before the closing credits).
- Blind Side (1993 TV Movie) [Jake Shell]: Electrocuted when Rebecca De Mornay throw an lamp after he falls into a hot tub at the end of a fight with Ron Silver. (Thanks to DeMan)
- Amelia Earhart: The Final Flight (1994, TV movie) [Fred Noonan]: As Amelia Earhart's navigator he disappeared with her on her attempt to fly around the world. (I haven't seen this version but Noonan's fate is clear)
- Fatherland (1994, TV Movie) [SS-Sturmbannfuhrer Xavier March]: Killed by SS/Gestapo assassins.
- The Call of the Wild: Dog of the Yukon (1997, TV Movie) [John Thornton]: Shot repeatedly in the back and chest with arrows by Yeehat warriors. His body is later seen as the dog Buck stands over him towards the end of TV Movie.
- Lexx: Eating Pattern (1997) [Bog]: Killed when an alien worm that was controlling him detaches from his brain along with all the other villagers.
- Merlin (1998 mini-series) [Vortigern]: Drowned when Sam Neill uses his sword Excalibur to crack the ice underneath him in the middle of a lake battle.
- The 10th Kingdom (2000 mini-series) [Huntsman]: Shot in the back when his enchanted crossbow fires into the air during a struggle with Scott Cohen; the bolt hits him in the back when it comes down. (Thanks to Alex)
- Alias: Phase One (2003) [Anthony Geiger]: Shot in the chest by Jennifer Garner as he's about to kill Victor Garber. (Thanks to Alex and Andrew)
- Salem's Lot (2004 mini-series) [Kurt Barlow]: Stabbed in the heart with a wooden stake by Rob Lowe. (Thanks to Ben and Binky)
- Michelangelo - Il cuore e la pietra (2012 TV) [Michelangelo]: Died (off-screen) in 1564, his body is shown lying in a cart full of straw.
- Galavant (2015) [Kingsley]: Stabbed in the back by Mallory Jansen while Rutger is about to executed Vinnie Jones. (One of several over-the-top moments in this comedy series.)
- Channel Zero: Sacrifice Zone (2018) [Joseph Peach]: Explodes (along with his family) by an ancient demon when they don't give him a child to sacrifice in time.
Video Game Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Observer (2017) [Daniel Lazarski]: Body taken over by Brandon Fague while his consciousness is transferred to the body of Arkadiusz Jakubik. Rutger's body is beaten by Arkadiusz; it is uncertain if the former survives, but the latter is shot dead by police. (This is one of two endings of the game, in the other Rutger survives.)
- Kingdom Hearts III (2019) [Master Xehanort]: Dies when he ascends into the afterlife with Master Eraqus (voiced by Mark Hamill).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
[[Category:Death scenes by relative] [[Category:Death scenes by beating] ]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.