Roy Scheider (1932 - 2008)
- The Curse of the Living Corpse (1964) [Philip Sinclair]: Drowned in quicksand when Hugh Franklin knocks him into it, while Roy is trying to throw Candace Hilligoss into the quicksand. (Thanks to Stephen)
- Marathon Man (1976) [Doc]: Stabbed in the stomach by Laurence Olivier in the park; he dies in the arms of his brother (Dustin Hoffman) some time later after making his way to Dustin's apartment.
- Sorcerer (1977) [Jackie Scanlon aka Juan Dominguez]: Probably shot to death (off-screen) when the mafia find him in South America. The last scene shows the hit men arriving at the town where he is hiding out, and there's a sound of a gunshot over the closing credits.
- All That Jazz (1979) [Joseph 'Joe' Gideon]: Dies following heart surgery in the hospital; his death is presented in a symbolic musical number/dream sequence, and his body is shown being zipped up in a body bag in the hospital morgue at the end of the number.
- Jaws: The Revenge (1987) [Brody]: Aside from some flashbacks, Roy did not appear in the movie, but it was established that his character from the first two Jaws movies died of a heart attack between films.
- Cohen and Tate (1989) [Cohen]: Commits suicide by shooting himself after being cornered by the police. (Thanks to Michael)
- Romeo Is Bleeding (1993) [Don Falcone]: Buried alive by Gary Oldman in the park, while Lena Olin forces Gary to do so at gunpoint.
- Plato's Run (1997) [Senarkian]: Possibly dies (off-screen) after he ends up stepping on a land mine and keeps his position to keep it from going off. Gary Busey decides to leave him there as revenge for killing Jeff Speakman.
- The Rage (1997) [John Taggart]: Shot in the neck by Kristen Cloke as Roy is about to shoot Lorenzo Lamas. (Thanks to Michael)
- Evasive Action (1998) [Enzo Marcelli]: Presumably executed off-camera (although he is still alive as the film ends, it is clear from an earlier conversation that if they are caught, it'll be a death sentence for him).
- Chain of Command (2000) [President Cahill]: Killed by Michael Biehn. (Thanks to Gary)
- The Doorway (2000) [Professor Lamont]: Eyes gouged inwards, then face ripped apart and torn off by the demonic Teresa DePriest / Christian Harmony as Don Maloney and Lauren Woodland look on in shock.
- Time Lapse (2001) [Agent La Nova]: Killed in an explosion. (Thanks to Gary)
- The Punisher (2004) [Frank Castle Sr.]: Shot in the stomach by Tom Nowicki. He dies after saving his son (Thomas Jane) from Jeff Chase.
- Dark Honeymoon (2008) [Sam]: Stabbed in the stomach by Lindy Booth in the motel room. (It's later revealed that everything we've seen has been a lie told by Nick Cornish, and that Nick is the actual killer.)
- The Diamond Hunters (2001) [Jacob van der Byl]: Dies in bed at home of lung cancer with daughter Alyssa Milano by his side. (Thanks to Brian)
- Third Watch: Judgment Day (2002) [Fyodor Chevchenko]: Shot to death by Skipp Sudduth, who then plants a gun on Roy's body to make it look like self-defense. (Thanks to Neil)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.