The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Robert Shaw (1927 - 1978)
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- A Hill in Korea (1956) [L/Cpl. Hodge]: Manning a Bren gun against a full frontal assault, he is killed when one of the Chinese soldiers survives and manages to hurl a grenade with deadly effect. (Thanks to Brian)
- From Russia with Love (1963) [Donald 'Red' Grant]: Garroted with his own wire at the end of a struggle with Sean Connery in the train compartment after Sean broke free from Robert's wire by stabbing him in the arm with a knife. (Thanks to Larry, Thomas, Stephen, Kyle, and Kenneth)
- Hamlet (1964) [Claudius, King of Denmark]: Stabbed with a poison-coated sword, then forced to drink his own poison, by Christopher Plummer. (Thanks to Stephen)
- Battle of the Bulge (1965) [Colonel Martin Hessler]: Killed in an explosion when his tank blows up while trying to capture an American fuel depot. (Thanks to Thomas and Stephen)
- A Man for All Seasons (1966) [King Henry VIII]: Dies off-screen of syphilis. His death is mentioned in the closing narration.
- Custer of the West (A Good Day for Fighting) (1967) [General George Armstrong Custer]: Killed by the Sioux warriors, after they killed all his men. (obviously, in real life Custer was not the last man standing in his final battle) (Thanks to Larry and Stephen)
- Figures in a Landscape (1970) [MacConnachie]: Machine-gunned to death by a helicopter after Robert decides to have a last stand with it after being chased by the helicopter the entire film.
- A Town Called Hell (A Town Called Bastard) (1971) [The Priest]: Shot in the back numerous times while in his church.
- Young Winston (1972) [Lord Randolph Churchill]: Dies (off-screen) of a long-suffering disease (I forget the mention of what it was).
- The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974) [Bernard Ryder a.k.a. Mr. Blue]: Commits suicide by electrocuting himself on the subway's third rail, rather than be arrested by Walter Matthau. (Thanks to Larry, Thomas, Stephen, Mike, and Tim)
- Jaws (1975) [Quint]: Eaten (first bitten in half) by the shark while Roy Scheider looks on in horror. (Thanks to Larry, Thomas, Stephen, Mike, Patrick, Keenan, Kyle, John, and Kenneth)
- Robin and Marian (1976) [Sheriff of Nottingham]: Stabbed in the chest at the end of the fight with Sean Connery. (Thanks to Harry)
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.