Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Robert Redford (1936 - )
- The Chase (1966) [Charlie 'Bubba' Reeves]: Shot several times in the chest by Steve Ihnat outside the sheriff's station while Marlon Brando is escorting Robert into custody. (Thanks to Spiderman)
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) [Harry Longbaugh, the Sundance Kid]: Shot to death (along with Paul Newman) at the end of their standoff with the bounty hunters. The movie ends with a freeze-frame of the two of them rushing out to face their pursuers, but the implication of their fate is obvious.
- The Great Gatsby (1974) [Jay Gatsby]: Shot in the back by Scott Wilson while relaxing in the swimming pool (see Leonardo DiCaprio for the 2013 remake). (It's been a while since I've seen this movie, so I might be misremembering the details.)
- Out of Africa (1985) [Denys Finch Hatton]: Killed (off-screen) in a plane crash. (Thanks to Fred)
- Up Close & Personal (1996) [Warren Justice]: Killed while reporting from a combat zone in Panama. (Thanks to Crystal)
- The Last Castle (2001) [Lt. Gen. Eugene Irwin]: Shot in the back by James Gandolfini (Thanks to Fred)
- The Clearing (2004) [Wayne Hayes]: Shot to death by Willem Dafoe. (Thanks to Rich, Betty, and Eunice)
- All is Lost (2013) ["Our Man"]: Drowned after his sailboat sinks and he accidentally sets fire to his life raft. At the end he is either rescued by another boat who spotted the raft or he ascends into a peaceful afterlife; the imagery is deliberately ambiguous.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) [Alexander Pierce]: Shot to death by Samuel L. Jackson causing him to crash into a glass display board.
- The Discovery (2017) [Dr. Thomas Harbor]: Heart stopped via a machine and then restarted on two occasions by Ron Canada and Riley Keough so that he can get a glimpse at the afterlife.
- The Iceman Cometh (1960, TV) [Don Parritt]: Commits suicide (off screen) by jumping out of a hotel window, after being encouraged to do so by Myron McCormick.
- Tate: The Bounty Hunter (1960) [Torsett]: Shot to death in a shoot-out with David McLean.
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents: The Right Kind of Medicine (1961) [Charlie Marx]: Reportedly poisoned after taking "pain-killers" that had accidentally gotten mixed up with poison at the pharmacy. (Thanks to Mac)
- The New Breed: Lady Killer (1961) [Arthur Honniger]: Shot by John Beradino as he is about to charge at Martin Balsam with a knife.
- The Untouchables: The Snowball (1963) [Jackson Emmit Parker]: Murdered (off screen) by Bruce Gordon's gang, when they realize that he has been selling deadly wood alcohol. The body is shown when they dump it on a sidewalk.