Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Robert Duvall (1931 - )
- True Grit (1969) [Ned Pepper]: Shot to death by Glen Campbell, just as Robert is about to shoot John Wayne. Shown from a distance.
- Joe Kidd (1972) [Frank Harlan]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out with Clint Eastwood.
- The Conversation (1974) [The Director]: Dies (off-screen) under ambiguous circumstances; a newspaper article reports his death as being the result of a car accident, though Gene Hackman suspects that he was killed by Frederic Forrest and Cindy Williams in a hotel room.
- The Killer Elite (1975) [George Hansen]: Shot to death by Bo Hopkins before Robert can kill James Caan.
- The Eagle Has Landed (1976) [Col. Max Radl]: Executed by a firing squad.
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) [Priest on Swing]: Possibly replaced (off screen) by an alien duplicate prior to the events of the film. The early scene of children picking pods is shot from Robert's POV, with the strong implication that he was an early "pod person" (even if Robert was still human in this scene, it's quite likely that he was eventually replaced along with most of the rest of the city's population later on).
- The Great Santini (1979) [Lt. Col. 'Bull' Meechum]: Killed in a plane crash.
- Let's Get Harry (1986) [Norman Shrike]: Mowed down by Jorge Zepeda after he pushes Thomas F. Wilson out of his line of fire, his death is soon after avenged by Gary Busey.
- Hotel Colonial (1987) [Roberto Carrasco a.k.a. Luca Venieri]: Shot repeatedly in the chest by his brother John Savage in Robert's bedroom.
- Colors (1988) [Officer Bob Hodges]: Shot in the lower chest by Gerardo Mejia while the police are arresting the gang; he dies shortly afterwards as Sean Penn kneels by his side.
- The Handmaid's Tale (1990) [Commander Fred]: Stabbed/slashed to death with a concealed knife by Natasha Richardson.
- The Godfather Part III (1990) [Tom Hagen]: Robert does not actually appear in this film, but is revealed to have died under unspecified circumstances in the time since The Godfather Part II (1974).
- Geronimo: An American Legend (1993) [Chief of Scouts Al Sieber]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out in a Mexican cantina; he dies shortly afterwards after talking to Matt Damon and Jason Patric.
- The Scarlet Letter (1995) [Roger Chillingworth]: Commits suicide (off-camera) by hanging himself. His body is later shown afterwards when Gary Oldman discovers him.
- Deep Impact (1998) [Captain Spurgeon 'Fish' Tanner]: Killed in an explosion (along with the rest of the shuttle crew) when they sacrifice themselves by piloting the shuttle into the comet to save the earth.
- The Gingerbread Man (1998) [Dixon Doss]: Shot in the neck by Kenneth Branagh after Robert fires a shotgun at Kenneth.
- The 6th Day (2000) [Dr. Griffin Weir]: Shot in the head by Tony Goldwyn after Robert threatens to expose the cloning operation. His memories are later implanted in a clone of Tony, which also dies when he falls to his death through a glass ceiling.
- Secondhand Lions (2003) [Hub]: Killed (offscreen) in a plane crash, along with Michael Caine, when they try to fly their biplane upside-down through a barn door; we only see the wreckage afterwards.
- Thank You for Smoking (2005) [Doak 'The Captain' Boykin]: Dies (offscreen) of a heart attack; we learn of his death afterwards when J.K. Simmons informs Aaron Eckhart.
- We Own the Night (2007) [Deputy Chief Albert 'Bert' Grusinsky]: Shot by one of Alex Veadov's thug's while the police are transporting Eva Mendes and Joaquin Phoenix; he dies shortly after crawling out of the car.
- Get Low (2009) [Felix Bush]: Dies of unspecified causes; we later see his funeral.
- The Judge (2014) [Joseph Palmer]: Dies of cancer or as a result of the treatment while fishing with his son (Robert Downey Jr.)
- Wild Horses (2015) [Scott Briggs]: Dies of a heart attack as he's driving back to his ranch.
- Widows (2018) [Tom Mulligan]: Shot by Michelle Rodriguez after he non-fatally shoots Elizabeth Debicki during a robbery.
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea: The Invaders (1965) [Zar]: I haven't seen this, but I read he dies in it.
- T.H.E. Cat: Crossing at Destino Bay (1966) [Scorpio] Falls off of a scaffold after being shot in a gunfight with Robert Loggia.
- Cimarron Strip: The Roarer (1967) [Joe Wyman]: Shot to death by Richard Boone. (Thanks to Gordon)
- The Time Tunnel: Chase Through Time (1967) [Raul Nimon]: Killed (offscreen) by giant bees after being trapped in their hive at the end of a pursuit through time. (Thanks to Stephen)
- Lonesome Dove (1989 miniseries) [Augustus 'Gus' McCrae]: Dies of gangrene after being shot in the leg with arrows and refusing to let the doctor amputate; Tommy Lee Jones then carries his body back to Lonsome Dove. (Thanks to Rick)
- Stalin (1992 TV) [Joseph Stalin]: Dies of cerebral hemorrhage following a stroke, with his family and various military and government officials gathered by his bedside. (Thanks to Matt and Stephen)
- The Man Who Captured Eichmann (1996 TV) [Adolf Eichmann]: Executed (off-screen) by hanging in Israel on May 31st, 1962. His execution is mentioned in the onscreen text at the end of the film.