The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Richard Harris (1930 - 2002)
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Shake Hands with the Devil (1959) [Terence O'Brien]: Shot repeatedly in a shoot-out with English soldiers on the docks.
- Major Dundee (1965) [Captain Benjamin Tyreen]: Shot to death by the French cavalry as he charges them after being wounded. (Thanks to Brian and Vegeta)
- Cromwell (1970) [Oliver Cromwell]: Died of malaria (off-screen) we later see his grave at the end of the film.
- The Deadly Trackers (1973) [Sheriff Sean Kilpatrick]: Shot to death by Al Lettieri. (Thanks to Gordon)
- Robin and Marian (1976) [Richard the Lionheart]: Dies from fever/infection after removing an arrow from his neck, thrown by Esmond Knight. He dies (off-screen) after talking to Sean Connery. His coffin at his small funeral is later shown. (Thanks to Gordon)
- Orca (Orca: The Killer Whale) (1977) [Captain Nolan]: Hurled at an iceberg when the whale flips its tail and sends him flying through the air. (Thanks to Phantom31)
- The Wild Geese (1978) [Captain Rafer Janders]: Machine-gunned by Richard Burton (at his own request), to spare him from being hacked to death by the pursuing African warriors. (Thanks to Tim and Brian)
- Tarzan, the Ape Man (1981) [James Parker]: Impaled through the torso with an elephant tusk; he dies after delivering a lengthy last speech to his daughter (Bo Derek). (Thanks to PortsGuy)
- Your Ticket Is No Longer Valid (Finishing Touch; A Slow Descent into Hell) (1981) [Jason]: Stabbed in the back with a stickpin by Jeanne Moreau, while he's making love with Jennifer Dale.
- Wrestling Ernest Hemingway (1993) [Frank]: Dies (off-screen) at his apartment, perhaps due to a heart attack. His body is found by Robert Duvall and Shirley MacLaine.
- Smilla's Sense of Snow (1997) [Andreas Tork]: Drowned when he falls from an ice floe, after being stabbed with a harpoon. (Thanks to Matt)
- To Walk with Lions (1999) [George Adamson]: Shot repeatedly (along with several of his staff members) by poachers/bandits as he tries to run them down, he dies after staggering out of his land drover, with his body later seen when John Michie holds him in his arms.
- Gladiator (2000) [Marcus Aurelias]: Suffocated when Joaquin Phoenix presses Richard's face against Joaquin's chest in their tent, after Richard angers Joaquin that he will never become emperor. (historical fact: Aurelias died from some natural disease, reputably smallpox).
- The Count of Monte Cristo (2002) [Abbe Faria]: Crushed to death when a tunnel collapses on him. (Thanks to Michelle)
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Hunchback (1997 TV Movie) [Claude Frollo]: Falls to his death from the cathedral after accidentally stabbing Mandy Patinkin.
- The Apocalypse (San Giovanni: L'apocalisse) (2002 TV) [John the Apostle]: Dies of old age. (Thanks to Gordon)
- Julius Caesar (2003; miniseries) [Lucius Cornelius Sulla]: Dies of a cerebral hemorrhage. (Which was released a year after his real life death). (Thanks to Gordon)
Noteworthy Connections[edit | edit source]
- Ex-husband of Ann Turkel
- Ex-husband of Elizabeth Rees
- Uncle of Annabelle Wallis
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.