Richard Gere (1949 - )
- Days of Heaven (1978) [Bill]: Shot in the back by police as he tries to run away. (Thanks too Mac and Nilescu)
- Breathless (1983) [Jesse Lujack]: Presumably shot to death in a shoot-out with police; the movie ends with him pulling his gun as the police surround him. (Thanks to Robert, Peter, Bill and Alan)
- The Honorary Consul (1983) [Eduardo Plarr]: Shot in the head execution style (having first been crippled) by one of Bob Hoskins' military assassins as he is forced to lie beside a dead Elpidia Carrillo as Bob forces Michael Caine to helplessly observe (his body is later seen alongside Carrillo as Caine screams in frustration).
- King David (1985) [David]: He dies of old age with his son Solomon (Jason Carter) at his side.
- Internal Affairs (1990) [Private Dennis Peck]: Shot in the chest by Andy Garcia when Richard attacks Andy with a knife in Andy's apartment (after Gere is about to rape Nancy Travis). (Thanks to Robert and George)
- And the Band Played On (1993) [The Choreographer]: Dies (off-screen) of AIDS-related complications. (Thanks to Robert)
- Sommersby (1993) [John Robert "Jack" Sommersby]: Executed by hanging. (See also Gerard Depardieu in the 1982 version The Return of Martin Guerre) (Thanks to Robert)
- Intersection (1994) [Vincent Eastman]: Killed in a car accident; the movie shows his life in flashback as it flashes before his eyes. (See also Michel Piccoli in the 1970 version The Things of Life) (Thanks to Peter and Alan)
- I'm Not There (2007) [Billy]:
- Nights in Rodanthe (2008) [Dr. Paul Flanner]: Drowned and/or crushed to death in a mudslide after he returns to the clinic to retrieve the medicine; Shown in a flashback when his son (James Franco) informs Diane Lane.
- Brooklyn's Finest(2009) [Eddie]: While he survives the film, there is a deleted scene where he shoots himself in the head in his boat.
- Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009) [Professor Parker Wilson]: Dies of a brain hemorrhage in his classroom.
- The Double (2011) [Paul Shepherdson a.k.a. Cassius]: Shot to death by Tamer Hassan; he dies after killing Tamer in return, while talking to Topher Grace.
- Kojak: Birthday Party (1976) [Geno Papas]: Shot to death by George Savalas as Gere goes to shoot the unarmed Telly Savalas. (Thanks to Robert)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.