Richard Briers (1934 - 2013)
Deaths in FilmEdit
- Peter's Friends (1992) [Lord Morton, Peter's Father]: Dies (off-screen) of old age/natural causes, in the interim between the opening prologue and the rest of the movie.
- Hamlet (1996) [Polonius]: Stabbed to death through a curtain by Kenneth Branagh, who had mistaken him for Derek Jacobi.
Deaths in TelevisionEdit
- Doctor Who: Paradise Towers (1987) [Chief Caretaker]: Push down a lift shaft by Howard Cooke, causing them to both die in an explosion.
- Midsomer Murders: Death's Shadow (1999) [Reverend Stephen Wentworth]: Commits suicide by jumping from the scaffolding around the bell tower, after being cornered by the police. (Thanks to Brian)
- Monarch Of The Glen S3 E2 (2002) [Hector MacDonald]: Blown up by his own bomb when he pushes a 'boat' with 3 sticks of dynamite with a lit fuse into the loch to lure a killer pike. He ducks behind a boulder but his Spaniel, Useless, swims out and retrieves the bomb and leaves it on the ground as Richard stands up. The dog survives. (Thanks to Brian)
- Torchwood: A Day in the Death (2008) [Parker]: Dies of a heart attack while lying in his oxygen tent. (Thanks to Brian)
- Mr. Ann Davies.
- Father of Lucy Briers.
- Cousin of Terry-Thomas.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.