Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Richard Briers (1934 - 2013)
Deaths in Film
- Henry V (1989) [Bardolph]: Executed by hanging for looting, as Kenneth Branagh looks on stoically.
- Peter's Friends (1992) [Lord Morton, Peter's Father]: Dies (off-screen) of old age/natural causes, in the interim between the opening prologue and the rest of the movie.
- Hamlet (1996) [Polonius]: Stabbed to death through a curtain by Kenneth Branagh, who had mistaken him for Derek Jacobi. Following his death, Kenneth moves Richard's body and hides it inside the palace, forcing Derek's men to search for it.
- Peter Pan (2003) [Mr. Smee]: Possible drowned after he jumped off the boat when Freddie Popplewell threatened him with a sword.
Deaths in Television
- Doctor Who: Paradise Towers (1987) [Chief Caretaker/Kroagnon]: Playing a duel role, Richard is first killed when he is forced to have his mind taken over by Kroagnon. As the alien, Richard is handed a stick of dynamite, before being pushed down a lift shaft by Howard Cooke, causing them to both die in the resulting explosion.
- Midsomer Murders: Death's Shadow (1999) [Reverend Stephen Wentworth]: Commits suicide by jumping from the scaffolding around the bell tower, after being cornered by the police. (Thanks to Brian)
- Monarch Of The Glen S3 E2 (2002) [Hector MacDonald]: Blown up by his own bomb when he pushes a 'boat' with 3 sticks of dynamite with a lit fuse into the loch to lure a killer pike. He ducks behind a boulder but his Spaniel, Useless, swims out and retrieves the bomb and leaves it on the ground as Richard stands up. The dog survives. (Thanks to Brian)
- Torchwood: A Day in the Death (2008) [Parker]: Dies of a heart attack while lying in his oxygen tent. (Thanks to Brian)
- Mr. Ann Davies.
- Father of Lucy Briers.
- Cousin of Terry-Thomas.