The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Richard Basehart (1914 - 1984)
Film Deaths:[edit | edit source]
- He Walked by Night (The L.A. Investigator) (1948) [Roy Morgan a.k.a. Roy Martin]: Shot to death in a shoot-out with police in the sewers. (Thanks to Mac)
- Reign of Terror (The Black Book) (1949) [Maximilian Robespierre]: Executed by the guillotine. (Thanks to Gordon)
- The House on Telegraph Hill (1951) [Alan Spender]: Poisoned with an overdose of sedatives when he drinks the spiked orange juice he'd intended for Valentina Cortese (after she switches glasses on him). (Thanks to Brian)
- Titanic (1953) [George Headley]: Killed in an explosion when the ship's boilers explode just after he goes in to fix them. (Thanks to Matthew)
- The Good Die Young (1954) [Joe Halsey]: Shot in the back by the mortally-wounded Laurence Harvey; he dies shortly after walking to meet Joan Collins and collapsing in her arms. (Thanks to Brian)
- La Strada (1954) [The Fool (Il Matto)]: Hits his head against the car during a fight with Anthony Quinn; he dies shortly after staggering away and collapsing, as Giulietta Masina kneels by his side.
- 5 Branded Women (1960) [Captain Reinhardt]: Shot to death by Jeanne Moreau as he tries to escape. (Thanks to Gordon)
- Portrait in Black (1960) [Howard Mason]: Shot to death by Anthony Quinn just as Richard is about to kill Lana Turner with a poker. (Thanks to Gordon)
- Hitler (Women of Nazi Germany) (1962) [Adolf Hitler]: Commits suicide by shooting himself, in a suicide pact with Maria Emo in the bunker.
- Kings of the Sun (1963) [Ah Min]: Commits suicide by stabbing himself in the chest, to appease the gods after George Chakiris refuses to sacrifice Yul Brynner. (Thanks to Gordon)
- The Satan Bug (1965) [Dr. Gregor Hoffman]: Falls to his death from a helicopter at the end of a struggle with George Maharis.
- The Island of Dr. Moreau (1977) [Sayer of the Law] Mauled to death by a tiger when Burt Lancaster's human-animal creations release the wild animals from their cages while destroying Burt's compound.
TV Deaths:[edit | edit source]
- Combat!: The Long Way Home: Part 2 (1963) [Capt. Steiner]: Mortally wounded by three pistol shots from Woodrow Parfrey when Richard drops his gun during a POW escape attempt. He dies moments later chuckling because of Woodrow's occupation before the war. See Famous Last Words.
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea: The Cyborg (1965)[Admiral Harriman Nelson/a robot impersonating the admiral] The android impostor is destroyed in a gunfight with Captain Crane (David Hedison) and the crewmen aboard the SSRN Seaview. The real Nelson survives the episode.
- The Andersonville Trial (1970; TV) [Captain Henry Wirz]: Executed by hanging. (Thanks to Gordon)
- The Death of Me Yet (1971; TV) [Robert Barnes]: Shot to death by the mortally-wounded Meg Foster after he shoots her. (Thanks to Robert)
- Time Travelers (1976; TV) [Dr. Joshua Henderson]: Burned to death (off-screen) in the 1871 Chicago Fire. His grave is shown in the present day.
- Knight Rider: Knight of the Phoenix, Part 1 (1982) [Wilton Knight]: Dies of a terminal illness while talking to David Hasselhoff and Edward Mulhare.
- Tales of the Unexpected: Turn of the Tide S6 E14 (1983) [Slade]: Drowns in the breaking waves as the tide comes in and he is unable to dislodge the weighted body of Nicholas Hormann which he is carrying on his back to bury at sea. (Thanks to Brian)
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
- Ex-Mr. Valentina Cortese.
- Father of Jackie Basehart.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.