Rentaro Mikuni (1923 - 2013)
- Kwaidan (Ghost Stories; Kaidan) (1965) [Husband]: While still alive at the end of the film, the ghost of Michiyo Aratama causes Rentaro to age rapidly and the segment ends before we can see his death. Note: The Japanese cut of the film shows in more detail what is happening to Rentaro as he ages into an old man.
- Zatoichi the Outlaw (Zatôichi rôyaburi) (1967) [Asagoro]: Decapitated with a cane sword by Shintaro Katsu.
- Shinsengumi (1969) [Kamo Serizawa]: Stabbed to death by Toshiro Mifune.
- Zatoichi at Large (Zatôichi goyô-tabi) (1972) [Boss Tetsugoro]: Killed by Shintaro Katsu with his cane sword.
- The Inugami Family (Ingugami-ke no ichizoku) (1976) [Sahei Inugami]: Dies of old age at the end of the film.
- Sailor Suit and Machine Gun (Sera-fuku to kikanju) (1981) [Hajime Sandaiji, Futoccho] Shot in the chest by his daughter.
- The Last Dance (Daibyonin) (1993) [Buhei Mikai]: Dies of stomach cancer with his family by his side.
Father of Koichi Sato.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.