Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Director: Steven Spielberg
Archaeologist and adventurer Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) is hired by the U.S. government to find the Ark of the Covenant before the Nazis.
- Sonny Caldinez (Mean Mongolian)
- Paul Freeman (René Belloq)
- Reg Harding (Lieutenant)
- Anthony Higgins (Gobler)
- Billy Horrigan (Gunner)
- Wolf Kahler (Colonel Dietrich)
- Ronald Lacey (Arnold Toht)
- Frank Marshall (Pilot)
- Sergio Mioni (Tough Sergeant)
- Alfred Molina (Satipo)
- Terry Richards (Arab Swordsman)
- Pat Roach (Giant Sherpa; German Mechanic)
- Matthew Scurfield (2nd Nazi)
- Vic Tablian (Barranca)
- Malcolm Weaver (Ratty Nepalese)
- Frank Welker (Monkey)
- 1981's biggest grossing film by a wide margin.
- Most of the body blows you hear were created by hitting a pile of leather jackets with a baseball bat.
- The opening sequence featured live tarantulas on Alfred Molina, but they did not move until a female tarantula was introduced.
- The famous scene in which Indy shoots a marauding and flamboyant swordsman was not in the original script. Harrison Ford was supposed to use his whip to get the sword out of his attacker's hands, but the food poisoning he and the rest of the crew had gotten, made him too sick to perform the stunt. After several unsuccessful tries, Ford suggested "shooting the sucker". Steven Spielberg immediately took him up the idea, and the scene was successfully filmed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.