Director: Ridley Scott
- Idris Elba [Idris Janek]
- Emun Elliott [Emun Chance]
- Sean Harris [Sean Fifield]
- Daniel James [Engineer]
- Logan Marshall-Green [Charlie Holloway]
- Guy Pearce [Peter Weyland]
- Rafe Spall [Rafe Millburn]
- Ian Whyte [Engineer]
- Patrick Wilson [Shaw's Father]
- Benedict Wong [Benedict Ravel]
- The film takes place in 2089 and 2093.
- The make-up process to age Guy Pearce took five hours to apply and an hour to remove it.
- To prepare for his role as the android David, Michael Fassbender watched Blade Runner (1982) (another Ridley Scott film), The Man Who Fell to Earth (1976), The Servant (1963) and Lawrence of Arabia (1962) (mentioned by Peter Weyland). Fassbender also studied Olympic diver Greg Louganis, drawing inspiration from Louganis's physicality.
- Charlize Theron was originally cast as Elizabeth Shaw, but had to decline the role due to scheduling conflicts. Later, another change in schedule freed Theron to do the film, thus allowing her to take the role of Meredith Vickers, as Noomi Rapace had already taken the role of Shaw.
- During production, Ridley Scott kept the use of computer-generated imagery as low as possible, using CGI mainly in space scenes; Scott recalled advice Visual Effects Supervisor Douglas Trumbull gave him on the set of Blade Runner (1982): "If you can do it live, do it live", and also claimed that practical visual effects were more cost-effective than digital visual effects.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.